What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should my next game be ??

Tidy Technician

Registered
Hi Guys,

So i am at the beginning of my collection
I was hoping for suggestions on what would be nice to get as number 3 !

i currently have Theatre of Magic and Flintstones, two games that contrast each other perfectly ... flintstones is fun fun fun, theatre a little more serious

I have found younger friends and kids like flintstones and older friends take to theatre ...

i have medieval madness in my sights when one comes up at a good price.... it will be for me

what would you suggestions be to buy next to compliment what i already have ??

Why not go for something totally different like a Gottlieb EM machine? No point in having a bunch of DMD machines that all play the same :)

Don't get obsessed about different machines. Play a bunch of different ones in leagues / events, you might be that person who loves X Files or Popeye;) Virtual pinball also can give you a very rough flavour of a game. You can decide if the call outs and music will annoy you

Keep an eye on the for sales section and swoop quickly when a game comes up at the right price. If it's not a keeper then play it, enjoy it (the main bit) and then sell it on when your bored. There's really no such thing as a grail pin. Almost all of them are enjoyable but you will get bored of them.

You'll be very lucky to track down a MM at a "good price". Don't miss out on other machines by holding out for this. MM is a good game but there may well be better games for you.

Don't ignore modern Sterns. Spiderman is a great game and is probably only slightly more than a TOM. AC/DC, TWD are also top games.

You're in a great position as you've got lots of fun games ahead of you. Happy fliping:)

As said above - Play pins whenever you get the chance and decide what you like.

Make a list of candidates rather than fixating on one so you have more of a chance of finding one for sale rather than pining away for a single machine that never turns up.

Given the popularity of most machines these days (Bugs Bunny aside), you should be able to sell any you get on for around what you paid to fund the next on the list (or the one you really, really want) when it appears for sale, so long as you haven't overpaid massively.

i am planning on collecting so no plans to sell the ones i already have

all good advise - thank you

i was really asking what machine would work well with flintstones and ToM.
if you had these 2 machines, what would you hope to be number 3 ?!

i am not fixated on any machine, i would like MM in my collection at some stage

i was really asking what machine would work well with flintstones and ToM.
if you had these 2 machines, what would you hope to be number 3 ?!

I honestly think that can't be answered. There are soooooo many great machines. And everyones tastes and ideas about games are different. Dont think too hard about it, if you like the look of one then give a go, the worst that can happen is you decide its not for you and you can sell it.

I honestly think that can't be answered. There are soooooo many great machines. And everyones tastes and ideas about games are different. Dont think too hard about it, if you like the look of one then give a go, the worst that can happen is you decide its not for you and you can sell it.
yes thats true

i was just fishing for ideas of machines to look for !

If you like those two then chances are you will also like other WPC pins of that era. Some of the very best were made in those few years in the early nineties, TAF,TZ,BSD,TS,WCS,FT, IJ,SS, WH20, CFTBL, TG HS2 etc etc etc so many great games to choose from :thumbs:.

a few random thoughts:

if you stick with Bally Williams that makes it easier in terms of repairing and keeping spares that will fit all your machines / swapping over parts

on the other hand modern Sterns are much more intense and deep than B/W, so if you want variety I would suggest looking at some Sterns.

But don't forget about the older machines

You could do as Lukewells suggest and get a Gottlieb EM from the late 1960s if you find the mechanics of these antique beasts intriguing. Getting one and keeping it working is as fascinating and fun as playing it in my book. And since its all wires and brass you don't need any knowledge of electronics and you can pretty much see what has gone wrong.

Don't underestimate the fun factor of EMs though. They are a bit like the simple video games like frogger or pong - simple but addictive. Modern Sterns are a bit more like modern console blockbusters - massive productions that involve much more investment in time and skills to get through them.

Or try a cool solid state machine like Taxi or Funhouse or High Speed or 8 Ball Deluxe or Paragon.

Hope that's vaguely useful....!

Last edited:
a few random thoughts:

if you stick with Bally Williams that makes it easier in terms of repairing and keeping spares that will fit all your machines / swapping over parts

on the other hand modern Sterns are much more intense and deep than B/W, so if you want variety I would suggest looking at some Sterns.

But don't forget about the older machines

You could do as Lukewells suggest and get a Gottlieb EM from the late 1960s if you find the mechanics of these antique beasts intriguing. Getting one and keeping it working is as fascinating and fun as playing it in my book. And since its all wires and brass you don't need any knowledge of electronics and you can pretty see what's has gone wrong.

Don't underestimate the fun factor of EMs though. They are a bit like the simple video games like frogger or pong - simple but addictive. Modern Sterns are a bit more like modern console blockbusters - massive productions that involve much more investment in time and skills to get through them.

Or try a cool solid state machine like Taxi or Funhouse or High Speed or 8 Ball Deluxe or Paragon.

Hope that's vaguely useful....!
very useful actually

thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom