What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What other games do people play?

Sam C

Site Supporter
Alias
Archy
So now that the pinball arcade PC tournament is going pretty well, I figure it would be cool to discuss what other games people play in their free time, as I'm sure you lot need more than just pinball to occupy your free time ;)

I tend to play mostly simulation games myself. Currently Rollercoaster Tycoon, Train Simulator 2014, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Anno 2070 and Sim City 4 are my main pursuits. I do enjoy a good racing game though and the Wipeout series in the PlayStation is probably my favorite.

Highly anticipating the release of Star Citizen, used to play a lot of World of Warcraft but got bored of it and gave up around a year ago. So what other games does everyone play?

I've walked into the wrong area and I'm scared, please excuse me while I make a quick exit.

Its a project I have been wanting to do for a long time and I now have the machine to make a Tomb Raider from.
Not saying to much more as there is still a lot to do and so much might change but it will be started and a thread will arise from the building stage.
I am so looking forward to this and will be calling on so many people to help make it happen.
D.

I also have a hoooooooooge collection of arcade videogame machines, and also electro-mechanical riffle ranges, wallmounted skill games etc

electro - mechanical rifle range would lurve one of them so if you ever have to part with one of them, swear word I know, give me a shout or shot even :)

electro - mechanical rifle range would lurve one of them so if you ever have to part with one of them, swear word I know, give me a shout or shot even :)

I have one that is not going to fit in with future plans, so I'll let you know. It certainly won't be soon though, got 50 other projects to get through first :rofl:

Been the 2p pusher route. Unless you get a decent one (a la pacball or similar), which are lots of £££, they loose their fascination fast...

Ok. There's two reasons why I got rid of mine. One was the fact that it got boring after a long while. The other was that the Main cct board on this particular type of machine comes with a battery backed Eeprom on the mother board. This means that unless the Code is either extracted from the chip, or supplied from the company, after 7-10 years total life the battery will give up and it wont work any more - the code will be lost. I didn't have confidence when I was talking to the company directly and they wouldn't supply the code, and obviously the risk that removing the chip to extract the code wouldn't work meant that it probably had between 0 and 3 years left before it died. At circa £700 i didn't fancy being the owner of a massive paperweight, so sold it on....

Ok. There's two reasons why I got rid of mine. One was the fact that it got boring after a long while. The other was that the Main cct board on this particular type of machine comes with a battery backed Eeprom on the mother board. This means that unless the Code is either extracted from the chip, or supplied from the company, after 7-10 years total life the battery will give up and it wont work any more - the code will be lost. I didn't have confidence when I was talking to the company directly and they wouldn't supply the code, and obviously the risk that removing the chip to extract the code wouldn't work meant that it probably had between 0 and 3 years left before it died. At circa £700 i didn't fancy being the owner of a massive paperweight, so sold it on....
Sorry, @Paul. Are you still talking about a coin pusher? Why the hell would a coin pusher have an MPU let alone ROMs? I would presume them to be totally electromechanical. Just an electric motor turning some gears making the pushers go back and forth. Coins either fall out the front to win or down the sides for operator earnings. I clearly missing something here!

PS. My wife and kids (and me!) all love coin pushers. But we're cheapskates and only ever play 2p ones, not 10p. Some good ones on Brighton and Shanklin Piers we always play when we visit. But I can imagine having one at home would get boring. It's all about seaside fun, flashing lights, loud noises, ice cream and candy floss :p

if you can fit in a 6 player then they go for a reasonable price as they are huge! (a few hundred quid), however the single or doubles can easily double what you have to pay because of the smaller size...

Back
Top Bottom