What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is a Scared Stiff worth

Game On

Banned
A bit of advice would be really appreciated. I mainly collect EM's but have the opportunity to buy a Scared Stiff. It is soon to come off site and has the usual knocks and wear associated with a sited machine. It is very dirty and has a little PF wear etc but apparently is working. What sort of money can I expect to have to pay to buy it and is there any known issues with that model? Advice appreciated.

The last coupe on here sold or were advertised around £4k, those would have been in very good to excellent condition. The swing on value without knowing actual condition and playfield wear is large. I would guess a ropey site pin could fetch £2k plus depending. Wear in front of the crate should be checked as it can be bad, believe you can get a decal to cover it, does the spider work in the backbox and would check the condition of the Boney ramp, not sure there is much else tovlook out for that is specific to SS

There’s lots to check:
Function of the coffin lid & does it kick the balls out without issue
The spider hole upkick, does this work 100% of the time, are BOTH flaps present, has it got a ramp protector fitted.
Are the slingshot covers cracked at all (quite often they are)
Any burn through on the boney beast ramp - happens over time as the bulb underneath is very close to the ramp.
Does the crate function ok, is the pin in tact?
Then the usual - remote battery holder? Playfield wear (especially around the ‘terrifying’ insert)
Cabinet fade? Ramp condition? Any hacks on boards? ....the list goes on.

As pick holder said, NEED lots of photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last coupe on here sold or were advertised around £4k, those would have been in very good to excellent condition. The swing on value without knowing actual condition and playfield wear is large. I would guess a ropey site pin could fetch £2k plus depending. Wear in front of the crate should be checked as it can be bad, believe you can get a decal to cover it, does the spider work in the backbox and would check the condition of the Boney ramp, not sure there is much else tovlook out for that is specific to SS
Thank you!

There’s lots to check:
Function of the coffin lid & does it kick the balls out without issue
The spider hole upkick, does this work 100% of the time, are BOTH flaps present, has it got a ramp protector fitted.
Are the slingshot covers cracked at all (quite often they are)
Any burn through on the boney beast ramp - happens over time as the bulb underneath is very close to the ramp.
Does the crate function ok, is the pin in tact?
Then the usual - remote battery holder? Playfield wear (especially around the ‘terrifying’ insert)
Cabinet fade? Ramp condition? Any hacks on boards? ....the list goes on.

As pick holder said, NEED lots of photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is really helpful Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom