What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What a silly boy

carl lawrence

Site Supporter
well cleaning some Pacman clear and painted plastics yesterday in some warm water with a dishwasher tablet in it .I normally clean and rinse straight away and all is good. For some unknown reason I decided to let them soak in the solution, "What a silly boy " because is happened .........
IMG_0018.JPG
Watched it taking the paint off wright in front of me !!
luckily it only effected theses two .IMG_0019.JPG

So as anyone else done anything silly like me ?

Ouch, what the hell is in dishwasher tablets?!?! :eek: Don't they have chemicals that lift the dirt off plates, cutlery etc.....looks like those same chems will lift paint off.

Oh yeah mate. I was shopping out my Earthshaker when I had one. I was treasure cove polishing the playfield with a buffing wheel on a drill. But I was borrowing my mates drill, which could have easily tunnelled to France! I span it up waaaaay to quick and took the paint off to the wood!!!

I swore.... lots.

I did something really ****ing stupid to a stern dmd, you know how the 5v cable connects to a stern dmd, but if you fit a colordmd you run a 5/12v volt power cable from the accessory point? they are the same connector at the dmd end, just make sure if you do remove the colordmd down the road to remember to connect the original power cable to the original dmd, not the colordmd power cable. I CAN'T be the first to fall for that!! expensive smoke.

I once used a screwdriver to 'gently' prise a connector from its base off a board. Bugger would not come so apply more pressure only to realise that I have had the screwdriver underneath the base and not in between the base and connector plug. I prised the whole connector base off the board. Much cursing and resoldering followed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All this is making me feel a hole lot better ;)

Here another one ...
Striped top half of this machine and took a few pictures....
Yep ! You guest it the camera part on my phone is goosed :rofl:
All nice and blurry pic's ;)

Back
Top Bottom