What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What’s your dream line up?

Like everyone has said this is tough and I have 2 of these games already, IMVE and BM66 PREMIUM.

IMVE
BM66 PREMIUM
JP2 PRO
IMDN PREMIUM
EHOH PREMIUM
JM - @CHRIS B PINBALLS was at Pinfest and I loved it.
ROBOCOP, again never played it until the weekend but I think it's great
ALIEN, the Heighway version. First time I played it and loved it.
CFTBL
RS, again never played it and loved it.

Best game at Pinfest for me was the Heighway version of Alien.

Fish Tales. Look, Pa, Waterskiers… OWN. Love the ramp shots, call outs and humour. Apparently, the super jackpot is the hardest in pinball and I am 100% working towards that!

Lord of the Rings. Haven’t played this yet. Love the theme. Valinor mode… totally there for it.

Medieval Madness. They stole our shrubbery…!“ My older son’s favourite pinball machine (I marginally prefer AFM). The castle bash toy is brilliant and simple enough for a four year old to understand. Also, the Monty Python-esque callouts are great.

Black Hole. Played on iOS. Love that the lower playfield is a death trap if you don’t make the right shots (unlike Haunted House). Looks amazing with modern LEDs and UV lighting, especially the rotating black hole on the backplate. My older son and I both love this one.

Honourable mentions:

Star Trek: The Next Generation. Love the modes, ramp shots and guns on this one. The one at FlipOut also has amazing orchestral theme music thanks to PinSound. I also enjoy Star Trek (Stern) on iPad, but it feels like a cutdown version of ST:TNG

White Water (H20). I’m a keen hiker and love the American national parks - so this is 100% the pin I’d put in my lakeside holiday cottage in the middle of a US national forest somewhere.

Total Nuclear Annihilation (TNA). All the fun and challenge of EM machines in a fast, modern package. Love the lighting and pulsing beats.

Jurassic Park (Stern). Watched a lot of videos. Not managed to play a copy on route, as yet. Love the theme, music and fancy the challenge of progressing through the paddocks. Also, the moving T-Rex is such a great addition to the Premium.

Ghostbusters. All about the theme and music. I’ve played it in person and on iOS, and no idea why it has the poor reputation that it does in some quarters. The playfield art and toys also look great.

Last edited:
My dream line up:
Sttng was my first game
Indiana Jones williams because has a good theme and music
Popeye because I like the call outs the music and hard to play over
Shadow because hard and I like the graphics and design
Judge dredd I like the appearance
Getaway because of the music
Pinbot because of the designer
Fire because special and I like the bell and the graphics
Taxi because of Marylin and Gorby
Atlantis because of the rarity and the graphics

Last edited:
So what’s your dream line up and why?
Mine are

Metallica
I’m a great fan of the music.

The walking dead
I’ve watched every episode and it’s possibly my favourite machine at flip out.

The Simpsons pinball party
Loved watching the Simpsons as a kid.

Ghostbusters
Great films and pinball theme plus I like the look of the machine although I’ve never played it or seen one in the flesh!

The twilight zone
It was the first pinball machine I ever played at my friends Happypin and the first one I go to when I visit.

Guns and roses (JJP)
A massive fan of the band when they were current in my teens.

Iron maiden
Another pinball machine I’ve enjoyed playing at flip out, apart from when it starts playing ABBA 😳

I’ve only just got into this hobby and bought my first pinball machine 10 months ago and I now have 4 and I’m planning on more!
I’ve managed to get tspp and it’s my favourite game even though I’m crap at it 😆but I’m getting better.

Now what’s your dream line up? no more than 10!
You Nearly own all of these now Andy.s

As a side shot... what is your ultimate line up featuring those that have not been made yet ;) Mine are:

The Lost Boys.
The Warriors.
Goonies.
Evil Dead Trilogy.
Conan The Barbarian (Feat1982 music score).
Motley Crue.
MTV 80s-90s (including famous songs of the day, MTV archive interviews/sound bites/promos and stings).

Fish Tales. Look, Pa, Waterskiers… OWN. Love the ramp shots, call outs and humour. Apparently, the super jackpot is the hardest in pinball and I am 100% working towards that!

Lord of the Rings. Haven’t played this yet. Love the theme. Valinor mode… totally there for it.

Medieval Madness. They stole our shrubbery…!“ My older son’s favourite pinball machine (I marginally prefer AFM). The castle bash toy is brilliant and simple enough for a four year old to understand. Also, the Monty Python-esque callouts are great.

Black Hole. Played on iOS. Love that the lower playfield is a death trap if you don’t make the right shots (unlike Haunted House). Looks amazing with modern LEDs and UV lighting, especially the rotating black hole on the backplate. My older son and I both love this one.

Honourable mentions:

Star Trek: The Next Generation. Love the modes, ramp shots and guns on this one. The one at FlipOut also has amazing orchestral theme music thanks to PinSound. I also enjoy Star Trek (Stern) on iPad, but it feels like a cutdown version of ST:TNG

White Water (H20). I’m a keen hiker and love the American national parks - so this is 100% the pin I’d put in my lakeside holiday cottage in the middle of a US national forest somewhere.

Total Nuclear Annihilation (TNA). All the fun and challenge of EM machines in a fast, modern package. Love the lighting and pulsing beats.

Jurassic Park (Stern). Watched a lot of videos. Not managed to play a copy on route, as yet. Love the theme, music and fancy the challenge of progressing through the paddocks. Also, the moving T-Rex is such a great addition to the Premium.

Ghostbusters. All about the theme and music. I’ve played it in person and on iOS, and no idea why it has the poor reputation that it does in some quarters. The playfield art and toys also look great.
Edited after I've played many other pins:

Total Nuclear Annihilation (TNA). All the fun and challenge of early SS machines in a fast, modern package. Love the lighting and pulsing beats.

Lord of the Rings. I now own LoTR. Great fun machine with evocative callouts and great story-based gameplay. Ball times can be a little long, so it's not the pin I want to play 100% of the time, but it is amazing when the time is right.

Godzilla (Stern). I enjoy all the Keith-Elwin-designed pins I've played (A:IQ, JP2 and GZ), but I think GZ is his best machine to date. It combines a flowing open playfield with interesting shots and a wonderful campy daft Godzilla theme. My older son isn't sure if he prefers this, or JP2, but we both agree we'd prefer to own this one.

Jack's Open/Lucky Hand. I've only played this EM on iOS, but I thoroughly enjoy the simple, accuracy-based gameplay. I'm not sure if Jack's Open will be unseated by another vintage pin as I play more older pins, but - at the moment - this is a firm favourite.

Honourable mentions:

Jurassic Park (Stern). Watched a lot of videos. We’ve played a copy at the Brunswick Centre arcade. I love the moving T-Rex and the feel of the shots - I am, in general, a huge fan of Keith Elwin designs. I'm less a fan of the generic artwork and playfield art design - it really lets an excellent pin down.

Revisiting this thread after actually owning a MET PRO for nearly a few months now - going to limit myself to 7 pins, as the original post had 7...

Metallica - I love my Pro so much, I'm already considering moving it on one day to upgrade to a Premium (although I am am currently preferring the speed/unpredictability of no physical ball lock

TWD - A Premium for the Fishtank and lighting, although not really a fan of the Crossbow.

Monster Bash Remake

AFM

Twilight Zone

Elvira HOTH/Scared Stiff combo (cheating there, but counting as 1!;-)

Stranger things Premium (with Black light!..)

I think if I ever got to play a Rick n' Morty that might be on there somewhere - been really enjoying the show lately and the pin looks fun

The reality is that for the foreseeable future I only have space for one pin, so you could say I already have my dream line up he he

Dream lineup would be all of them. In one massive room.

For me and my currently limted space for 3 pins, that dream lineup is one where i get to the point of having all three pins give me unbridled joy, simultaneously.

Right now, the pins i have, i love playing, but getting bored now. I hate to sell them to get others but its a given that every game will do my head in at some point.

The sad thing is i've had most of the usual suspects and all that appeals to me now is a few pins in the higher end of the market which i'll rage over having to pay for. Such is life.

Dream lineup would be all of them. In one massive room.
You probably wouldn't be happy 😔

I play board games and we used to have 800 board games. There were a few I'd played loads of times and a lot more I'd played once or twice. Even if I played a different game every day, it would have taken nearly 3 years to play everything in our collection.

What's really silly is that I never knew what I wanted to play. So, I'd end up playing the games we were considering selling. We spent years playing the bottom 20% of the board game collection and the new games, and not anything we actually liked.

I started selling board games about four years ago, and I've just got down to 150 games.

And, you know what? I don't really miss any of the others. 150 is more than enough.

So, the saddest thing I've seen recently is someone selling a JP2 with 250 plays on it. Because they had 8 other pins. And I thought "Right, the optimum number of pins is definitely fewer than eight." We currently have two, so I'm guessing the optimum number to bring maximum joy is probably somewhere between three and five.

I play board games and we used to have 800 board games
Crikey that's some haul. My Sister is a big board game fan and we often play when visiting, my current favourite is Ticket to Ride, a fine game that.

Somewhere between 3-5 sounds about right and would be a respectable collection these days.

You probably wouldn't be happy 😔
Really? I dunno..... I've had ten in my house all setup at one point and never did i think i could do with less. Giant shed browsing comes in way before that.

i think you underestimate the power of unrealised pinball desire madness disease. lol.

Really? I dunno..... I've had ten in my house all setup at one point and never did i think i could do with less. Giant shed browsing comes in way before that.

i think you underestimate the power of unrealised pinball desire madness disease. lol.
I just imagine walking into a room with ten pins, which I don’t have time to play or tinker with. It brings me out in a cold sweat in the same way as I did when I had 800 board games, some of which had only been played once.

I’m already annoyed because I still need to reprogram our Lord of the Rings after we did a factory reset, add a colour DMD and source a Palantir mod. I also need to rebuild the entire Caster’s Club on my FT, add the two resin fish mods I bought in August, fabricate a new reel switch cover (somehow), add some side blades, work out how to get the ingrained dirt off the playfield, and pull together the rest of the bits for making a repro topper…

Then, I imagine that replicated over ten pins 🤮 😱🤯😲

It all depends what you like to do. If i like doing something i make the time to do it. No matter how complicated or long that takes or how busy my life is.

I've had my fair share of pinball anxiety over keeping games running, thats for sure. Probably why i started buying more reliable Sterns, but my 'joy goal' is one where i am perpetually in that zone of playing and fixing or modding at the same time. Weird people we pinball folk....lol.

It all depends what you like to do. If i like doing something i make the time to do it. No matter how complicated or long that takes or how busy my life is.

I've had my fair share of pinball anxiety over keeping games running, thats for sure. Probably why i started buying more reliable Sterns, but my 'joy goal' is one where i am perpetually in that zone of playing and fixing or modding at the same time. Weird people we pinball folk....lol.

As I only have the space for one pin, the closest comparison I can make is guitars (I'm down to about 10 at the moment) - I guess it comes down to what you are in the mood to play that day and it's great to have options available.
With my guitars, I've recently started a rotation where I'll focus my attention on one a month; keeps things fresh and ensures than none are getting neglected:)

Last edited:
Really hard to choose the dream collection - going by what is physically here at the moment

I think my games are pretty varied depending on what mood your in. I do like games that have humour - MM, AFM, TAFG, Munsters all make me smile when I play them.

Then I have the TV/ film pins- which are classics..

And so I think I have my dream collection
I would have an Elvira, Funhouse, DH (for a 3rd time).. but not at the expense of the ones I have.

Oh and if a BTTF pin is done.. then that’s it! I’m 💯 in & happy.

Back
Top Bottom