What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West London pubs with pins - any recommendations?

stationfire

Registered
Might anyone have any tips on pubs with pins in west London e.g. Covent garden out to hyde park area ?
Will be going for a couple of days for work on Sunday evening and could do with a place to have a nice pint and throw the change into some pins some evening. I will just miss Flip Out London Sunday by an hour unfortunately - had hoped I might make it.

I also have to pop up my experience at Galloping Ghost in Chicago v.soon. Managed to get there for a few hours one evening in April and was in the new pin area which was good fun too. Amazing place overall, and was very lucky to happen to be within 30 miles of the place on a business trip.

All the best,
sf

Whats in the Paddington one?
Don't get up to London much these days, but when I do it's in and out of Paddington.....

Thanks very much @Benleigh250 - I'll actually be very close to Paddington, so Brewdog sounds perfect.
I would love to have been around earlier on Sunday, as I had looked up Flip Out's calendar and knew it was running, but by the time I'd get to Croydon it would be shutters. I also won't be in London on Thursday.
Appreciate the help, and the fact that I do enjoy a few of Brewdog's beers helps!

Thanks for the tips. Tried Brewdog Paddington. Very much enjoyed Ghostbusters (had not played it before). Spiderman could do with something other than a Spanish (or ?) instruction card.
GB was nice and fast, though found it difficult to do the usual flashing letter selection when the ball was at the top of the playfield, as it is quite obstructed by tall plastics. Left "divot" switch near the captive balls was dodgy too, but thankfully it registered the one time I had the extra ball lit and hit it.
Made a point of asking the bar staff member for change for pinball (I.e. hey, it is bringing in customers). It would have been wrong not to have a beer whilst there also...
Cheers

GB has a mirror (plastic) at the back, but it's not that obvious. You can see the top lanes from there... No need to go on tippy toes

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Cheers @MartinY , didnt even notice, too focused on the ball in play. Now I have to go back tomorrow! (Any excuse to try another beer)

Thanks for the tips. Tried Brewdog Paddington. Very much enjoyed Ghostbusters (had not played it before). Spiderman could do with something other than a Spanish (or ?) instruction card.
GB was nice and fast, though found it difficult to do the usual flashing letter selection when the ball was at the top of the playfield, as it is quite obstructed by tall plastics. Left "divot" switch near the captive balls was dodgy too, but thankfully it registered the one time I had the extra ball lit and hit it.
Made a point of asking the bar staff member for change for pinball (I.e. hey, it is bringing in customers). It would have been wrong not to have a beer whilst there also...
Cheers

Glad you liked the place. What’s your best Spider-Man score? I got 99 million when I played it at tilt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers
Thanks for the feedback, I will pop up with an English instruction card (just shows that i never read them!) and take a look at the scoop switch on GB.

Thanks for the feedback, I will pop up with an English instruction card (just shows that i never read them!) and take a look at the scoop switch on GB.

I don’t bother reading instructions either I just play the game!

Did not stop me from playing, don't worry @Matt- was just an observation as if i haven't played before, I skim over it to make sure I'm not missing something very important.

As for best score @Benleigh250 , suffice it to say you could safely drop a digit from yours...
I just played 1 as I wanted to get back to GB. Was close to replay score twice on that so just want to get to that point and practice more. Will also be popping back there this evening to drop a few more coins in to both...

Thank you again all for the help. It was much appreciated

Did not stop me from playing, don't worry @Matt- was just an observation as if i haven't played before, I skim over it to make sure I'm not missing something very important.

As for best score @Benleigh250 , suffice it to say you could safely drop a digit from yours...
I just played 1 as I wanted to get back to GB. Was close to replay score twice on that so just want to get to that point and practice more. Will also be popping back there this evening to drop a few more coins in to both...

Thank you again all for the help. It was much appreciated

To be fair I managed to get black suit multiball and fusion multi ball to get that score!

I guess top players routinely get over 100 million

Back
Top Bottom