What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well done, and future publicity...

JT.

Site Supporter
Thought it was about time for a big "well done" to Paul (and the admins) for the recent stability of the forum. I am sure overcoming the initial teething problems was pretty hard work, and I think it has really paid off. I am still subscribed to the Yahoo group and, while it was OK, I am really finding the forum format great. But I notice that there are still a lot of posts going (only) to the Yahoo group, and forum user numbers have some way to go to catch up with the group (although I have seen a lot of "guests" online in the forum when I have been on).

Paul: wondering what your thoughts are on a bit of self publicity on the Yahoo group - maybe emphasing the recent stability, and perhaps catching a few of the people who were not looking at all group posts when the forum was originally announced (i.e. share the URL again)?

Well done from me too. I spend a fair bit of time on the forum posting things as I definitely like this format better than the yahoo email group. There seems to be new members joining pretty much everyday but your right about some posts only going to the yahoo group....perhaps another mail to the group would be a good idea. We could all go on and big up the forum
smile-1.png

A thank you from me too. The forum format is far better, though it isn't that popular yet so has yet to reach a critical mass IMO.

Jo.

Thanks Paul as well for all the work.

Just needs a steady flow of new members and it should take off as far more user friendly than yahoo email.

Aww thanks guys for your kind words.

Because of the close affiliation with the yahoo group, i'm not about to stomp all over Martins work. However if anyone wants to encourage people to be a part of both, then please feel free
biggrin-1.png

Anyhow, today is a bank holiday, and i feel the need for new forum toys
biggrin-1.png

Paul

I fully endorse the 'well dones' Paul - love the forum format. There are a lot of guests on here regularly, is there a way to entice them to become members? Can guests post? I don't suppose they can. I was extolling the virtues of the forum to someone yesterday - hopefully the word will spread!

teachp8' date=' post: 1677337 said:
I fully endorse the 'well dones' Paul - love the forum format. There are a lot of guests on here regularly, is there a way to entice them to become members? Can guests post? I don't suppose they can. I was extolling the virtues of the forum to someone yesterday - hopefully the word will spread!

I can "force" people to register, however we will see how it goes... i;d rather people registered voluntarily
wink-1.png

Back
Top Bottom