What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome race fans

ronsplooter

Site Supporter
Alias
Chris
Managed to pick up yet another game off my wish list this weekend, the holy grail of System 11's....Banzai Run :D Big thanks to @mufcmufc for hooking me up with this game :thumbs: It's in great condition and plays really nicely. Here's a few pics and I'll be chucking a quick gameplay video onto my Youtube channel later.....

IMG_3708.JPG

IMG_3710.JPG

IMG_3711.JPG

IMG_3712.JPG

IMG_3716.JPG

Was only recently watching some vids of this one, looks like a lot of fun!

Holy crap that's amazing!. I've heard of this machine but haven't seen one yet. Please put me in the line to buy it when the time comes :).

Gameplay vid is now up on Youtube...you just have to sit through a couple of mins of me rambling first :D Some of the best music in all of pinball in that video, plus towards the end I think I got a replay and the game goes f*cking mental!!!!!! :)

Very nice indeed! Really looking forward to your future work, but most of all getting a game on Flash Gordon at UKPP!

Any chance you could do a video of the backbox playfield in action?

Any chance you could do a video of the backbox playfield in action?

I'll shoot one this weekend when I'm back over at my Dads :thumbs:

Any chance of that bad boy going to the UKPP?

Not this year. I can only take one game, it has to fit in my car and I've already promised to bring Flash Gordon. Banzai Run is massive and most definitely won't fit in the car so it's unlikely to make it to any shows unfortunately.

Quite surprised it isn't well know/played from back in the day.

There was one at the metrocentre, Whitley bay and south sheilds. Maybe us up north got them all :p

Quite surprised it isn't well know/played from back in the day.

According to IPDB they only made 1750 of them....seems pretty low for a Williams game of that era, I would have expected more.

Wanted it since I was 11 years old. NEVER see them in that good shape.

I swear if someone had dangled that carrot in front of me It would have been:

As requested by @Nedreud I've posted a short video of what happens in the backbox on my Youtube channel. This is lots of trips to the backbox edited together (and some pretty shocking play :)).

Basically the idea is to qualify each of the other riders in the race (Yellow Belly, Green Machine, Blue Beard and Red Hot) by hitting their targets in the normal playfield then go up to the vertical playfield and beat them in the race by hitting their target. That lights the lock on the vert pf so you have to get up there again and lock the ball. This starts a two ball multiball where you have to lock the first ball in a scoop on the normal playfield then go back up to the vert pf with the other ball, get it right to the top but rather than going into the Red Hot shot (cliff jump) you have to hit the captive ball for jackpot.....it's quite tricky :D The A-B-C lights I keep going for in the video double the value of the cliff jump shot if you make it.

Awesome. Did I get dibs on this with my callout earlier?

Out of interest and not wanting to ask you directly what you paid for this but how much are these worth ballpark figure? I haven't see one for sale since I've been into the hobby.

Did I get dibs on this with my callout earlier?

Unfortunately no one has got dibs on this as the previous owner gets first refusal if I ever decide to get rid of it....which is unlikely :D Price is a tricky one as they don't come up for sale too often (hence why I've been after one for a while) and condition is king. I saw one recently with a blown out playfield in the £600 - £700 region and they go up from there to maybe £1500 for a really nice one (this is total guesswork though) I got a great deal from a mate on mine so probably not a true indication of the games value in the current market.

Back
Top Bottom