What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird Issue With NSM Old Fashion Wizard CD Jukebox - "Selections in arrears"

Andy B

Site Supporter
My NSM Old Fashion Wizard has just developed a weird fault.

When you make your initial selection it will not play it but then when you make your next selection it plays the first selection!

When it gets to the end of the playlist/queue you set up, it does not play the last selection until you make another selection - even after switch off - when you switch it back on again it plays the last selection you made in your last session.

The best way I can describe it, is it is playing a selection in arrears if that makes sense!

Anyone come across this issue before (sorry I'm not on any jukebox repair groups or I would post there (if anyone has a good recommendation for a jukebox repair forum that would be useful too)).

Thanks

Andy

When you open the door and pull out the switch it should come up with errors.

Truthfully all the goes wrong in these are the Timekeeper battery/ram and the laser.

What technology is it?
ES 4
ES 5
ES 5.1
ES 6 (not likely)

Thanks. No errors.

They are robust machines aren’t they 😊

is ES V. Have checked manual and no mention of this fault in there.

I think I got a spare timer chip with it might stick that in and see if that sorts it but not getting the error message for it.

Check you have 3v on the ramp (when out of the machine) - can not remember the pin outs.
ES5 is the best mechanism they ever did - but the one that if the laser fails it is not cheap......
Dont just swap the chip.
Pull the switch out (top right of jukebox) and the display will come up with errors.
When the voltage is low on that chip (or failed) it does silly things !

Thanks. Will test for 3v.

As no error messages I checked real time clock to see if that was accurate. Time was a few hours out but date and day of week were correct. Adjusted the time to correct time but didn’t help problem.

My spare chip had a leg broken off so I can’t just swap it out anyway 😢

Back
Top Bottom