What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird fault today.....

Reg

Registered
Hi All,

The TZ has a weird issue. The pop bumpers (I think that's the right term!) and the lower bumpers, both left and right have all stopped working. Nothing weird up to this. I did replace the backup batteries so maybe, just maybe there is a loose connector? Here's the weird part. You can activate all of them in test, so it's not a power issue. When you remove a ball in play, it cycles normally and fires all of them in sequence, no issues?

As all of them are not working is there a fuse I am not aware of?

TIA

Must be a switch fault if all powered ok and working in tests. Reseat connectors in the back box for those switches?

Assume operating the switches under the playfield in switch testing mode yields nothing. Look for the green-orange cable looped from switch to switch, maybe that has come off at the first one.

Reactions: DRD
When you remove a ball in play, it cycles normally and fires all of them in sequence, no issues?

Do you mean that if no activity is seen for a while, a 'ball missing' assumption has the solenoids operate a 'search', hoping to dislodge a ball stuck somewhere? It shows that they're powered, in any case. As above, it seems to be a problem with the switching for the bumpers and slingshots. According to the switch matrix chart, they're all on Column 3, which uses Green-orange wire, along with the three rollover lanes, Left Outlane, Left Inlanes 1 and 2. Are they affected, too?

Last edited:
Long overdue update......

After looking at a few things and not resolving the issue I have decided to book it in for a clean/service. After playing a couple of more modern games and being left totally unimpressed I really want the TZ back in action :)

So now it's almost November. But, there is news. It turns out I wasn't completely mad to buy this table after all. James @ Majestic Pinball, visited last week and found a number of minor issues. The main board is with him for repair now following battery leaks. The board did have a remote but they never bothered to clean it and a row of the matrix requires replacing. The positive news is that the playfield, after being stripped and waxed looks amazing. It has been reported that there is little to no wear on it at all. Hopefully this week the board returns, because it's been a long time....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom