What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekend trip to the Dutch Pinball Museum 22-2-2019 to 24-2-2019

When should we visit the Dutch Pinball Museum?

• 22nd - 24th Feb

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • 15th - 17th Feb

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 1st - 3rd March

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 8th - 10th March

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • 15th - 17th March

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Phil

Site Supporter
Alias
OTWBigPhil
Discussed this with a few of the lads over the weekend and all were well up for it. How about we visit Gerard and the Dutch Pinball Museum early next year? There are numerous ways to get there. I was looking at a flight to Amsterdam Schiphol and then it's a 40 minute taxi from there.

A big group of us, we'll give Gerard the date and he'll get the dutch pinheads there and it'll turn into a fantastic meet!

It's my 50th next year and I want to do a few celebratory things. This is one of them.

So I'll start by chucking a date out there. Go out Friday 22nd February 2019 and come back Sunday 24th - Flight from Edinburgh to Amsterdam is £25.98 going out and £27.12 coming back. PEANUTS!

Are we going to do this?

I've set a poll away and you can select multiple dates that suit to get the best choice.

feb prob suit me best but could do the march ones also. would enjoy this- i got the t.shirt now thanks to the machine loyalty raffle!

Already said I'm up for this, any date for me l will go with the majority.

Great idea - Had to miss Daventry due to a friends wedding, but I'd certainly be up for it - easy flights from Exeter ( @ianw ) to Amsterdam and train connection down to Rotterdam is very easy/regular.

Many happy/formative memories of times in the early 90's when my (now) wife worked there for two years, including watching Man Utd beat Barcelona in the Cup Winners cup final at Feynoord's stadium and getting engaged there a few years later.

Lots of great bars and things to do (as well as the pinball museum obviously?).

Most of the dates work for me at the moment, so have said yes to several

Me n Matt wil be in if dates fit - I can do any at the moment - @Big Phil how about flights from Teesside for us, must be easier and cheaper than getting to edinburgh ?

Cheers

kev

For those that have been before what are the accommodation options close by? any favorite/reasonably priced hotels peeps have used?

Me n Matt wil be in if dates fit - I can do any at the moment - @Big Phil how about flights from Teesside for us, must be easier and cheaper than getting to edinburgh ?
kev

I only used Edinburgh as an example of the cost.

For those that have been before what are the accommodation options close by? any favorite/reasonably priced hotels peeps have used?

I'll ask Gerard about reasonable priced places to stay. It's off peak so I think we'll be generally ok.

Highly recommend the Markt hall for drinks and food. Museum is great, Rotterdam is a great place.

I’d be interested in a one night Rotterdam, 1 night Amsterdam.

Also I buy a lot of parts and mod stuff from Highflow/pinball shop.nl and you can call and collect.

I'm sure I can get away for a weekend, the sooner dates are confirmed the better so I can get my excuses in at work.

Exactly. We need to agree a date and start booking to get the cheapest rates. There are flights from all over the country to Amsterdam. Most if not all airports go there. You can even get the Eurostar to Rotterdam.

Should we agree on the first dates I suggested? Friday 22nd Feb 2019 to 24th and start booking?

Also overnight ferry from hull to Rotterdam/Amsterdam/zeebrugge just did that and was fine.

Yeah, I'd be up for that. All the dates look ok for me at the minute. I'll just have to get it in next year's calendar before Lou starts putting stuff in.

OK. No one has objected to any dates yet so I'll make it Friday 22nd to 24th February 2019!

GET BOOKING! :)

I more than likely will be skiing for both Feb dates :confused:, but obviously you have to go with the majority.

Last edited:
OK. No one has objected to any dates yet so I'll make it Friday 22nd to 24th February 2019!

GET BOOKING! :)

Excellent - I should be good for those dates...

Whats the plan? Having entire time down in Rotterdam because thats where DPM is located... (45 mins from Schipol via train and walk)

Or we planning a night in Amsterdam also?

We're not going for my birthday really. It's my 50th year and this was on my bucket list. We discussed it over the weekend and loads were interested.

I guess people can do what they want. We'll arrange for the Pinball night on Saturday. Rotterdam is meant to be lovely so I'm happy to mooch around for good bars there on Friday :)

Last edited:
I can't do those dates :(

Bugger.

(Half term, for my daughter in law and have my youngest son that w/e)

Back
Top Bottom