What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Wanted TAF or TZ

Anton

Registered
Hi to all.

Am looking for an Adams Family or Twighlight Zone....have a fair sized budget, as long as you don't mind being paid through PayPal. (Primarily for both seller and buyer protection!) Based down south in Farnborough on M3.....may travel for the right machine. I know there is one on flea bay which is missing its cloud, if anyone knows the seller, based in Dorking, then would be happy to hear any experiences.....

It's needs to go on the CC for the moment until house sale goes through. That and it gives me a smidge of insurance as the machine needs to go into storage until we move.....

BACs or cash tend to get you stuff. PAYPAL has large overheads.
Are you willing to travel or simply want to buy something based on photos and some words?

Depends on distance in honesty. I kind of assumed that this forum would have the odd fanatic on here thus a safer bet to buy on pictures and people who actually cherish their machines. 4k on a flea bay machine is a little daunting. I had a TZ 9 years ago I bought from a forum, kept it for a year and then sold it for more than I paid. It was a great machine and a huge regret to sell it. mind, it was about 2k then...they seem to have gone up a bit!
I could do the cash if needed, but as mentioned, this has to go into storage so the CC will give me some insurance if Big Yellow goes up in smoke! It also means I can hide it from the wife!

Hi Anton, I'm relatively local to you and a few others on here are closer. Machines do come up in this area, but expect to travel a few hours to get the right machine when it comes up on here. I don't understand why you are buying it to put into storage?

A large pinball machine sitting in our kitchen kind of cramps the area a touch when we have viewings! I don't seem to remember on any of the house programmes where Phil Spencer says, 'stick a bloody huge pin ball machine in the corner will attract potential buyer' It's a bit niche in finding a pinball aficionado to buy our house......adding to this we are moving away from the area and I believe there will be more machines London side than Wales area, thus might get a better selection.

A large pinball machine sitting in our kitchen kind of cramps the area a touch when we have viewings! I don't seem to remember on any of the house programmes where Phil Spencer says, 'stick a bloody huge pin ball machine in the corner will attract potential buyer' It's a bit niche in finding a pinball aficionado to buy our house......adding to this we are moving away from the area and I believe there will be more machines London side than Wales area, thus might get a better selection.
I once sold a house to a friend while we were playing pool in a pub. I later sold him a pinball machine to put in the same house. :clap:

That just sounds like a poor defence for breaking and entering.....'honestly Your Honour my mate sold me this house in the pub and didn't give me the key so I put the window in........' 'These car stereos must be his'........

That just sounds like a poor defence for breaking and entering.....'honestly Your Honour my mate sold me this house in the pub and didn't give me the key so I put the window in........' 'These car stereos must be his'........
It was my house !

I only stopped going round and letting myself in after he sold the Banzai Run I had sold him.:)

.......mysteriously the same time his girlfriend left him also.....yeah yeah....Euphamism 'playing his pinball whilst he's out' = scuttling his GF behind his back......

I only have one machine..........but am far from happy with the situation.

Not sure I am a fanatic yet but may be frantic once I take it apart over the winter

.......mysteriously the same time his girlfriend left him also.....yeah yeah....Euphamism 'playing his pinball whilst he's out' = scuttling his GF behind his back......
I taught her the 'bang back' maneuver.

You can't buy a machine on the basis it may be local to you. The countries small. If you don't wanna drive a couple of hours, pay Martin the delivery man £85 to grab it for you. I now have a 2 hour each way limit as I can't be bothered to drive the length and breadth of the country any more :thumbs:

It's the one advertised on eBay at the moment. I think it's a little steep, but it's so hard to tell. He said he would do a deal as the cloud was missing, but so hard to tell. This guys rebuilds them and is based in Dorking, thus the earlier question if anyone has ever dealt with him. It could be a pukka machine, or a dog....

Yeah I saw that. Looks ok. But pics are deceiving. Don't know the guy myself or anything about him. eBay is a lottery. He'll pay £400 in fees so it'll be worth negotiating a few hundred quid off

Yeah I saw that. Looks ok. But pics are deceiving. Don't know the guy myself or anything about him. eBay is a lottery. He'll pay £400 in fees so it'll be worth negotiating a few hundred quid off

Is it not max £250 in fees for anything over £2500?

Just using an offer from ebay at moment 75% off fv fees, so if item sells for £100 I pay £2.50 instead of £10 :D

Your final value fee is 10% of your total transaction cost (including postage)

• You only pay a final value fee if your item sells.
  • You'll never pay more than £250 as a final value fee.
  • If your buyer pays with PayPal, you'll have additional PayPal fees.
Final value fees are different for Motors. There are no final value fees for Property or Classified Ads.

That was easier than I thought usually takes ages to find anything :thumbs:

So has no-one ended their auction and, ahem, cut eBay out? Must just be me then.....not that I would ever admit to such a thing.....coz I have never done that...clearly....

ending auctions early, unheard of, everybody on here loves giving ebay money, yeah right!!

more pinballs suddenly develop faults on ebay or disappear never to be seen again, well that is until the buyer flips it :eek:

That's why I came here, however I have very successfully hijacked my own thread!

the listing promos seem quite common now. best to hold expensive items back. there was a £1 capped one a few weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom