What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WANTED: someone with time and motivation to put my Roadshow back together!

Monkeyboypaul

Site Supporter
Alias
Paul G
I have a Roadshow machine, lovely condition, but it needed a clean when i bought it so i decided to take bits off to clean up and then work/kids/work/life/work/kids/school/etc happened...

it's been like this for 2yrs now and i can't see it getting done for another 1-2yrs simply because i don't have enough time at the moment! And when i do find time, i end up playing a machine that is working for 20mins instead...

I don't really want to sell it, nor do i really need to sell it.

I'm putting it out there for anyone who might be interested in taking on this 'put it back together again' project and getting to keep it for few months to play afterwards. I'm not offering any financial incentives, except maybe a box of Peroni's or something, but i am happy to pay for any bits it might need (pretty sure i have that covered though) and the logistics via Martin maybe.

The machine:
  • The heads both work - no faults that i can see. I have the parts Pinbits kits just in case, or if i felt inclined to do a bullet-proofing exercise.
  • Playfield in very nice condition. I have a playfield protector ready to go on.
  • Got the Cliffy ready to be fitted at the scoop.
  • Full comet Sunlight white LEDs + LED OCD + GI OCD.
  • ColorDMD fitted.
  • NVRAM fitted.
  • Games boots and goes into attract mode. Played fine before i tore into it!
  • flippers rebuilt & new flipper bats already done.
  • Spotted the left diverter bracket under the playfield has some corrosion, so i have a new replacement part ready. This will take some patience to replace. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-19329
  • Got a set of New Forest Pinball speakers ready to be fitted.
  • Got a set of Pinbits stainless ramp flaps to be fitted - i'm obviously happy to pay for the service & logistics of this.
  • Legs recently powder coated (not quite the right colour, but looks fine)
  • New orange star posts to go on.
  • Mirror blades ready to go on.
  • I can see a switch wire in the right got mangled when i polished the playfield, will need fixing - sure i have a spare wire...
  • Got a few spares laying around.

My rules:
  • Trusted members only please!
  • Please don't keep it in a really cold, damp, or overly bright place.
  • I'm looking to get the ramps re-flapped as part of this project.
  • Please give it a thorough clean before playing, including the scoops, etc.

What's in it for me? I get it out of my hair and ideally finished/playable!
What's in it for you? You get a reasonably low to middle expertise project to fiddle with, as you have the time for such luxuries! And then you get to keep & play a roadshow machine for a few months before i ask for it back, or you want to send it back because you're sick of Ted's face.

PM me and we can talk.

Thanks.

True - Exactly why I posted this ad!
I must admit, I did not properly read the Ad. I have been looking for a Roadshow for months and tried to buy the one offered for sale last August but the so-called "seller" did not have the common courtesy to reply to me or any of the other people who were interested (So why place the ad in the first place?) Anyway my apologies for asking the stupid question that I already had the answer to!

if you know any local Warhammer fans; they love that type of ****.

Warhammer, as i understand it, is painting little monsters and stuff, then they fight with dice. I could be wrong.

Yes this is pretty much it. I have a friend who is into it. Bizarre hobby. Not normal at all like pinball.... Ahem

Considering selling this now...

WITHOUT the ColorDMD (old DMD back in), auto Eddie boards (use originals), OCD boards and the Comet LEDs (bulbs or old/random LEDs instead).

Back
Top Bottom