What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Walking Dead LE

Here is my PinGuy settings phone bottom sits at the top of horde insert - I rarely get STDMs

View attachment 129136
I've tried to resist, but I just can't.

A number of things make my skin crawl about this post.

Firstly the Pinguy App itself. (Not just this post)
Why not just use a digital level?
I know that it, and other similar apps, can call out which leg needs lifting or lowering while you're still under the table, that is the only positive thing about it.

Measurements should always be taken from the playfield itself. Once you have the machine set to your liking by all means take measurements with the glass on and record what the measurements are off the glass, but to then share these readings as ideal is just ********. Especially as any different table will can sit differently in the cabinet in comparison to another.
Unless your phone is calibrated and compared to a standard level ot is unlikely to be giving you accurate readings anyway, especially if you have a cover on your phone.

The over reliance that people put on the degree of steepness a table is set. If the table plays the way you like it in your own home great, by all means set it to the recommended level (usually around 6.5°) if you prefer it flat, or vertical that's your choice. Trying to set it to a certain figure, and the quote that figure, and expect your machine to play the same as another set to the same figure demonstrates a lack of appreciation of all of the variables of setting up a machine.

However, a machine should ALWAYS be set up level side to side. There is not a machine in the history of pinball design which was meant to be set up with a lean.

Nearly half a degree is a massive lean, generally speaking I can tell within 0.1° just by playing a machine if it's level or not. (Just ask @Telboy or @Sven Normansson when I play a newly set up machine). Even that much of a change makes a massive difference to the way the ball moves, meaning dead bounces, tip passes, post transfers etc. act different from each flipper.
It can be similar to playing an old EM with cupped inserts in some cases.

(Not stated above, but somewhat implied)
Setting a machine steep does not make it harder, it may make SOME ball interactions faster but it also reduces side to side movement thus lowering outline drains and makes trapping a ball on the flipper significantly easier.

(FFS 😡, there goes my resolution to not post on a sales thread this year, at least it had already sold)

I've tried to resist, but I just can't.

A number of things make my skin crawl about this post.

Firstly the Pinguy App itself. (Not just this post)
Why not just use a digital level?
I know that it, and other similar apps, can call out which leg needs lifting or lowering while you're still under the table, that is the only positive thing about it.

Measurements should always be taken from the playfield itself. Once you have the machine set to your liking by all means take measurements with the glass on and record what the measurements are off the glass, but to then share these readings as ideal is just ********. Especially as any different table will can sit differently in the cabinet in comparison to another.
Unless your phone is calibrated and compared to a standard level ot is unlikely to be giving you accurate readings anyway, especially if you have a cover on your phone.

The over reliance that people put on the degree of steepness a table is set. If the table plays the way you like it in your own home great, by all means set it to the recommended level (usually around 6.5°) if you prefer it flat, or vertical that's your choice. Trying to set it to a certain figure, and the quote that figure, and expect your machine to play the same as another set to the same figure demonstrates a lack of appreciation of all of the variables of setting up a machine.

However, a machine should ALWAYS be set up level side to side. There is not a machine in the history of pinball design which was meant to be set up with a lean.

Nearly half a degree is a massive lean, generally speaking I can tell within 0.1° just by playing a machine if it's level or not. (Just ask @Telboy or @Sven Normansson when I play a newly set up machine). Even that much of a change makes a massive difference to the way the ball moves, meaning dead bounces, tip passes, post transfers etc. act different from each flipper.
It can be similar to playing an old EM with cupped inserts in some cases.

(Not stated above, but somewhat implied)
Setting a machine steep does not make it harder, it may make SOME ball interactions faster but it also reduces side to side movement thus lowering outline drains and makes trapping a ball on the flipper significantly easier.

(FFS 😡, there goes my resolution to not post on a sales thread this year, at least it had already sold)
And breathe 🧘‍♀️.........

Wayne; I normally agree with you on levelling, in my shed its why I spent a lot of time ensuring the floor was super level and would stay level, its easy to spot it in my shed as the beams are level and you just need to align your eyes with the beams and you can see it.

At most places a slight move of a game and the alignment is out because the floor is rough and that drives me nuts.

TWD is the only game that I have that slight lean on. Why pinguy? - it works perfectly to copy the lean. my other TWD in flipout is setup identically and plays almost identically but its not exactly the same; it also doesn't give a lot of SDTM though. In my view the slight lean which you can adjust to is better than a game that just SDTM's all the time.

I like the games to be high, together with regular cleaning and maintenance the games play fast and are more of a challenge. Likashot watched me stream TWD and was surprised by how few STDM's happen and I said I'd share the setup with him hence the post above.

Anyone want to borrow my Xmas Viz Mag?
Cracking short stories inside from Terry Fcukwit and Roger Irrelevant 😂
CF37B58B-8390-40DB-8D73-AC6CC393AD5E.jpeg

Seems a bit pricey considering the legs amd side rails are all rusted to hell and will need replacing. Can't believe nobody picked up on that.

Back
Top Bottom