What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Walking Dead Crossbow

Marvello

Site Supporter
Alias
Marv
Hi all, I’m trying to find out how many of you have had or are having issues with the crossbow on Walking Dead Premium/LE. The issue I’ve got is the crossbow will quite often not swing out the full way, it will get part way out, then return before a shot can be made. It automatically tries a 2nd time but will then auto fire. If it can’t get out the 2nd time then it has to go through the whole ball search routine.

It was like this out of the box, I had the motor replaced which was fine for a while but it has gradually got worse. I’ve started keeping a tally and it has failed 8 times out of the last 14 attempts.

From what I’ve read this seems to be a common issue and I’ve raised it again with Phil. It is still under warranty and needs sorting one way or another as it is starting to ruin the game. I also want it fully working when it is time to sell.

Have I been unlucky to have had 2 bad motors? Do any of yours work fine without any issues?
I’ve attached a video of the motor running. Is it supposed to sound like that? It obviously isn’t this loud when the glass is on but it just doesn’t sound healthy to me.

Any help appreciated!

Attachments

• VID_20160911_160914.mp4
    17.9 MB · Views: 22
Hi

mine works fine with no issues, and no major sound either,

never had a problem with the crossbow moving.

However, when I had the known problem with the wire harness and the orbit lights strobing it sometimes lead to a very weak cross bow fire.

On Austin powers I had a problem with the "crossbow" getting stuck out. The was caused by a bad connection on the driver board. Does TWD have a similar board under the same driver board under the playfield?

I've not had the wire harness issue luckily. Not sure about the TWD driver board. I'll see what other owners say before getting back in touch with Phil again.

My crossbow motor didn't work properly at first, but PH replaced it and ever since its been fine.

Back
Top Bottom