What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wales lockdown

the welsh lockdown is going to be extended. Its the only thing that makes sense and the stats support extending it.

In my view though we should lockdown until zero cases for over two weeks. ban travel close the ports apart from essential workers. If we had done that back in the spring we'd be in excellent shape now.

I doubt bars and restaurants will be open again this year.

vilify anyone who doesn't follow the rules.

Neil.

This won't be over in a months time. I'm betting they'll extend it right up until Christmas and then let everyone have xmas with their families....then another lockdown in the New Year, or even a few days before New Year's Eve.
No chance of that.

They're not officially ending the lockdoqn early December, that's when it'll be 'reviewed'.

Martin is immortal and will work throughout....
The first lockdown was for three weeks if everyone remembers. But soon after the furlough scheme was announced for up to 3 months.

They have extended furlough for November at this moment in time.

But I can not see pubs/restraunts opening before xmas. Maybe the shops will ?

It is all guesswork and rumours. Just let us see what happens.

OK legal eagles. Riddle me the answer to this one.

my daughter is back at school next week. On Thursday there is still zero social distancing as it is allegedly a year group “bubble”. To get there she has to go on public transport. Again no distancing as it is a bubble. But this consists of five different schools on the bus (plus random adults who force their way on). No distancing needed so the bus is rammed and hard to get on.

it’s illegal for her to walk 100m to the bus stop with her friends (even immediately after school). But she can walk with one other girl if it is classed as exercise.

Standing at the bus stop. Legal or illegal for her to wait there with her school friends until they can board a bus?

For bonus marks can anyone think of a way to justify this to a stropy teenage girl in a way that doesn’t result in a major hissy fit and slammed doors. 😱

the welsh lockdown is going to be extended. Its the only thing that makes sense and the stats support extending it.

In my view though we should lockdown until zero cases for over two weeks. ban travel close the ports apart from essential workers. If we had done that back in the spring we'd be in excellent shape now.

I doubt bars and restaurants will be open again this year.

vilify anyone who doesn't follow the rules.

Neil.
They are saying regardless of England’s latest lockdown ours (Firebreaker) finishes on the 9th but they have been meeting this weekend.
Im guessing we will continue to follow England on the 9th when ours ends giving nearly 6 weeks of lockdown here!
Totally agree with ports etc and been saying that for ages.
Glad I have a load of machines to play!!!

OK legal eagles. Riddle me the answer to this one.

my daughter is back at school next week. On Thursday there is still zero social distancing as it is allegedly a year group “bubble”. To get there she has to go on public transport. Again no distancing as it is a bubble. But this consists of five different schools on the bus (plus random adults who force their way on). No distancing needed so the bus is rammed and hard to get on.

it’s illegal for her to walk 100m to the bus stop with her friends (even immediately after school). But she can walk with one other girl if it is classed as exercise.

Standing at the bus stop. Legal or illegal for her to wait there with her school friends until they can board a bus?

For bonus marks can anyone think of a way to justify this to a stropy teenage girl in a way that doesn’t result in a major hissy fit and slammed doors. 😱

give her a mask and tell her to STFU! :D

Schools, colleges + Universities staying open I think is a bad call.
I fear doing this could prolong lockdown periods. It should be all or nothing.
Yes it doesn't affect the younger generations as much but they are still carriers of virus and can be asymptomatic, bring it home, on to family.
I say use technology again to educate at home.

Interesting, since the great chief of wales said it would NOT be extended... Cant wait to see how that goes down if he does!!

I can’t see how they don’t extend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Holiday season is well and truly over now so no reason to extend it. No more Brits going in except me.

I just don't get the Wales approach - fine in the heavily populated areas, but massive rural and mountainous areas with low rates being caught up by the same restrictions??

I just don't get the Wales approach - fine in the heavily populated areas, but massive rural and mountainous areas with low rates being caught up by the same restrictions??
Wales is the poorest nation in the UK, has an old and unhealthy population so I have been told. Probably the reason why they are trying to protect more.

I do know from a top bod in the NHS here that the vaccine will be here New Year’s Eve ish and they will be taking walk ins!

We’ve now got loads of kids on their 2nd or 3rd period of self isolation since the start of Sept. The poor buggers come back to school and then get taken out again by another student they sit near testing positive.

Currently got over 40 members of staff in 14 day self isolation which is causing big issues with safely keeping the place open so a rolling attendance has been introduced for ks3.

One little yr7 managed to take down 7 different staff members and 30+ kids last week which is pretty impressive.

Had 37 kids pulled from yr12 this morning.

All in all it’s a bit of a mess.

The whole thing makes absolutely no sense. I've just moved to Wales this weekend. Removals guys not bothered by it. Almost everyone we've sold stuff to and bought stuff from in the last month or two aren't bothered either.

Then I've got people on Facebook saying that they're self isolating due to app alerts. Their doctor partner is going out and doing all their jobs (horse stuff) then coming home and mixing with the wife, going out and same again every day for 2 weeks. It makes zero sense. Absolutely nuts.

We spend hours each day trying to tell families that if they have received an alert from the NHS then they need to stay in. It’s amazing how many kids we try to contact who are meant to be self isolating and yet no one answers the phone.

People who have tested positive themselves still send their kids into school. 🤬. Seriously who tests positive, knows their kids are feeling ill but still decides to send them to school rather than getting them tested.?

The way I look at this is similar to Cornwall at the moment.

I could drive to Wales or Cornwall - go out - enjoy food, drink and mix quite easily with say another few people.

If we book a hotel we tell a porkie on our booking form and say we are from somewhere else so we can stay over......

It means Wales and Cornwall could be Englands playground.

Only place in Wales that cares is Marks & Spencer😂
Cornwall and Pembrokeshire are doing pretty well, houses selling quick and prices still rising here in Pembs.

Back
Top Bottom