What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wales lockdown

Buying a house in Wales is proving to be a complete and utter nightmare! Most of the surveyors furloughed and those that aren't phone in sick the day before your survey. Absolute pain in the ass.

we'd take total shutdown over tier 2 nightmare any time. To be honest total lockdown is probably better finacially than tier 1

Good luck guys. Can’t imagine London will be far behind you. We lost all our dinner ladies today so they are having to let the lower years go home at lunch as no one can supervise them. (No I didn’t really get that logic either). Massive fudges to keep classes open with decisions to only send kids home if they sit within 2m of a known positive case. Lost 15 Kids to isolation in one class when a sick girl came in to celebrate her 18th. Spent this afternoon phoning kids who are now quarantined for 2 weeks over the holiday as a result and really ****ed off about it.

I'm actually opposed to lockdown now- we shut everything down and when we reopen its pointless until people start following the rules - really simple:

stay 2m apart
wear a mask

if the thick ****wits of the UK can't do that then they kinda deserve all that happens to them.

The good news is that despite what the news reports business is booming. Sure if you are in the hospitality and travel trade you are hosed and given our inability to follow the rules not sure its a business I'd want to be in but the rest of business is booming. I was at an event with the chairman of PWC and outside of the hospitality trade they aren't seeing huge amounts of companies go under, and when one is in trouble its typically being bought up rather than going to the wall.

Neil.

Greater Manchester will be TIER 3 today :-(

Does anybody know why Nottingham seems immune to these restrictions when their infection rate is horrendous and 50% higher than Manchester?

“stay 2m apart
wear a mask”

Sounds simple but assumes:
You don’t travel by public transport
You have a large enough work place to stay 2m apart (or can work from home)
You don’t have a job dealing with the public on a face to face basis
You don’t live in a HMO
You aren’t single / dating.
you have a job where you are allowed to wear a mask.

but **** em eh?

I will admit though not only have we discovered you can’t cure stupid it’s also impossible to quarantine it. 😉

“stay 2m apart
wear a mask”

Sounds simple but assumes:
You don’t travel by public transport
You have a large enough work place to stay 2m apart (or can work from home)
You don’t have a job dealing with the public on a face to face basis
You don’t live in a HMO
You aren’t single / dating.
you have a job where you are allowed to wear a mask.

but **** em eh?

I will admit though not only have we discovered you can’t cure stupid it’s also impossible to quarantine it. 😉
I've been on public transport a lot past few weeks. I found it simple to stay more than 2m apart. If you don't have a large enough workplace to stay 2m you aren't covid secure and shouldn't be open, dealing with the public face to face you should have screens, not sure what an HMO is, 5 knuckle shuffle for a year won't kill you, under existing HSE legislation no employer could prevent you from wearing a mask.

We are just the UK, selfish and ignorant ****ers, I blame the parents.

It can be done to make this work, check out his Japanese baseball game from the weekend... the Japanese have proper respect for each other and follow the rules and aren't selfish cnuts. 125M people in Japan and only 93K cases and 1600 deaths.

121535769_3294446673923934_1157096768066805517_o.jpg

Cheers,
Neil.

Muliticulteral society here in cities mainly, never going to be the same as Japan, China etc. They do what they are told.
Pembrokeshire is doing very well but we have to join the rest of Wales, not very multicultural here or densely populated. House prices rising and selling fast!
This will be happening every so many months when it picks back up again.
Let’s hope there is an antidote for this ASAP because people are dying.

Mrs works as a Retail Manager.
Tells me all sorts of stories....
Not being biased here only relaying......The worst offenders I’m told by a country mile - (yes the staff have been keeping a tally)
I’ll be careful how a phrase - Travelling Community
Example.....even though all transactions are card only.
Many of them can’t read the signage and after queuing for ages insist on the following:
- Paying in cash
- Will not sanitise
- Insist on entering store in a gaggle of 10
- Won’t abide to social distancing
- Won’t wear a mask as it affects their 10 layer makeup (even though they have no exception)
- Just love to argue and know their rights

Lol....

Regarding your comments about public transport Neil. Are you Travelling off peak? Although no where near as bad as this time last year peak time is still standing room only on lines in the evenings. (Not helped if there are any issues on the lines) Busses are a nightmare in the mornings with the school services being crashed by commuters.

As for workplaces being COVID compliant. We have handgel but all the kids are sharing keyboards etc. It’s pretty much business as normal inside classrooms. I’ll have 25 X 18 year olds in a room that would hold 5 adults in an office. No screens etc. No widows that can be opened. All of which follows the government guideline we are given.

To be honest my comment about dating was a throwaway one but isolating if you are in a stable relationship is easy. Being a hot to trot twenty year old living in a flat on your own must be a total mind ****.

anyway. Good luck to anyone who does get locked down again this week

I've been travelling the country with work the last few weeks and I'm shocked at the way some people just flaunt the rules now. I put it down to pure basic complacency.

I’ve just had some inside information (very good source) and it’s worse than what we are being told around here and have been told to be very careful😱

I’ve just had some inside information (very good source) and it’s worse than what we are being told around here and have been told to be very careful😱
As in the Virus, or them clamping down on the rules??

Regarding your comments about public transport Neil. Are you Travelling off peak? Although no where near as bad as this time last year peak time is still standing room only on lines in the evenings. (Not helped if there are any issues on the lines) Busses are a nightmare in the mornings with the school services being crashed by commuters.

As for workplaces being COVID compliant. We have handgel but all the kids are sharing keyboards etc. It’s pretty much business as normal inside classrooms. I’ll have 25 X 18 year olds in a room that would hold 5 adults in an office. No screens etc. No widows that can be opened. All of which follows the government guideline we are given.

To be honest my comment about dating was a throwaway one but isolating if you are in a stable relationship is easy. Being a hot to trot twenty year old living in a flat on your own must be a total mind ****.

anyway. Good luck to anyone who does get locked down again this week
I travel off peak and on, Central and bakerloo.

Neil.

Not done the bakerloo line, central has actually been surprisingly quiet when I get it.

The ginger line has been a bastard. Jubilee is also busy. DLR has got noticeably busier over the last two months.

If you overlay a tube map on top of the infected areas in London it’s a pretty clear correlation with far lower rates in the SE where there are no tubes.

One of my bugbears is the escalators. People distance (ish) on the tubes then all bunch together to go up the escalators.

We live in a posh suburban village 11 miles south of Manchester. Cases are low here but we've been lumped into Greater Manchester Tier 3 restrictions.

When you look on the map all the big issues are in the crappy areas of Manchester (apologies if you live in one but that's a fact)

https://coronavirus-staging.data.gov.uk/details/interactive-map

The government don't know what they are doing, the broad brush approach is disproportionate, and the measures will make sod all difference to the infection rates caused by those who flaunt the rules or within the student population - Manchester having the largest campus in Europe.

I now am unable to visit my 87 year old mother or daughter who both live in equally low risk but Tier 2 areas a couple of miles down the road.

Sooooo frustrating

We have gone from low risk to high risk overnight😡
Was busy here last month with tourists and the nice weather we had😏

We live in a posh suburban village 11 miles south of Manchester. Cases are low here but we've been lumped into Greater Manchester Tier 3 restrictions.

When you look on the map all the big issues are in the crappy areas of Manchester (apologies if you live in one but that's a fact)

https://coronavirus-staging.data.gov.uk/details/interactive-map

The government don't know what they are doing, the broad brush approach is disproportionate, and the measures will make sod all difference to the infection rates caused by those who flaunt the rules or within the student population - Manchester having the largest campus in Europe.

I now am unable to visit my 87 year old mother or daughter who both live in equally low risk but Tier 2 areas a couple of miles down the road.

Sooooo frustrating

its not really a broad brush though is it? otherwise it would be the entire country.

This is just getting crazy, so our lockdown finishes on the 9th Nov. England’s starts this Thursday 5th Nov.
WTF is going on, Boris waiting too long again as it’s out of control again😡
Will this ever end?

Will the Welsh be banned from entering England then for a month? So much confusion yet again. I’m still hoping opticians are deemed “essential” so I can pick up some new glasses. Back to the arguments again about which shops are essential.

Is Martin still allowed to travel as a courier?

This won't be over in a months time. I'm betting they'll extend it right up until Christmas and then let everyone have xmas with their families....then another lockdown in the New Year, or even a few days before New Year's Eve.

Back
Top Bottom