What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Visual Pinball SSD died

jake52

Site Supporter
Alias
Ste
Made my own small machine some years ago and slowly overtime added machines as and when I wanted to try them out. Always a painful process of remembering my way around vpforums etc and the quirkyness of vpx and all the others.

My SSD is fried and I don't have a backup, I know, my own fault, but I hardly use this machine. Before I cry and toss it does anyone know of any dumps of tables and other files without starting the pain all over again of how to set this lot up. I know a rather grey area, but I discovered arcade punks have builds and just need pointing in the right direction without upsetting folk who have put a lot of effort into bringing these tables to the virtual world.
TBH I'm not sure I can be bothered, but it is a great reference from time to time when I want to check out an old machine so will miss it.

If you're willing to install the tables yourself, which hosnestly isn;t too difficult. especially if you're doing a bunch of them at once to get it up and running again. Once you've done a couple you'll know how to do it agai to do a few more afterwards. it's really just a matter of putting the table, ROm, and PUP packs if you use them, in the right folders. The ROMs seem to eb a little easier to find via google these days than they have been in the past.

Then the best bet is the baller installer:

Which should install all the software you need perfectly.

Like you say, with table packs it is a very grey area. People donate many hours of their lives for free creating these tables, and understndable get ****ed off when others then sell their work for profit. I don't have any hellp for you there sorry, though I have seen DVD's of tables for sale on ebay in the past - might be worth a look.

Thanks everyone, I've had a few reach out to me and the information is much appreciated. It's a shame the world of visual pinball is such a hodge podge for people who just occasionally dip their toes in, but I guess without the hard work of the developers there would be nothing at all. I just need to spend a little time getting back up to speed and next time ghost my hard drive.

Back
Top Bottom