What's new

Visit to Rotterdam Pinball Museum - The return! March 23rd & 24th 2024

Not wanting to be a negative Nancy but I was surprised by the cost of rail fares, €43 for a day return to Amsterdam from Rotterdam isn't cheap when comparing to similar Journeys from where I am.

Wouldn't deter me from going again though.

Everything felt expensive. The food, the train fares… self-catering accommodation was so expensive we couldn’t have sited in Amsterdam even if we’d wanted to (£3k+ for a week for a multi-generational family of five) 😳

Everything felt expensive. The food, the train fares… self-catering accommodation was so expensive we couldn’t have sited in Amsterdam even if we’d wanted to (£3k+ for a week for a multi-generational family of five) 😳

No chance of going Dutch?

We found a nice AirBnB for £200 (4 nights), it was small but suited a couple and location was 5 stars.

We found a nice AirBnB for £200 (4 nights), it was small but suited a couple and location was 5 stars.
We needed four bedrooms self-catering in a central location for two kids (who can't share), my mum (who needed her own room), and @MadMonzer and I. Very specific requirements, but we didn't have a problem finding accommodation for the same group in Whitby last summer.

The trip was expensive and the pin buying spree it created was more expensive
I only/mostly played pins I’d never seen before and, as good pins are largely (although not always) more popular than bad ones, I ended up playing some right stinkers. So, no temptations there.

I only/mostly played pins I’d never seen before and, as good pins are largely (although not always) more popular than bad ones, I ended up playing some right stinkers. So, no temptations there.
Probably a bit late, but did you get to play any of the woodrails? If you showed a real interest, and it was quiet, he'd get quite enthusiastic for you to play.

Probably a bit late, but did you get to play any of the woodrails? If you showed a real interest, and it was quiet, he'd get quite enthusiastic for you to play.
I wanted to, but the pins all said they weren’t for playing on the instructions, he mentioned you couldn’t play them when we walked in, and it was pretty busy :( We were walking around chatting to each other about the wood rails for quite a while before we went upstairs and, sadly, he didn’t offer to let us play one.

I did ask to play Hyperball upstairs, which was pretty fun, but needed a staff member to activate for literally every game.

There was an EM upstairs (3 Coins) that needed enthusiastic nudging to be remotely skill-based… and tilted as soon as I tried 😡

Back
Top Bottom