What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Virtual Pinball WPC 4K build

Pick Holder

Site Supporter
As stated in the for sale forums I am building another Virtual Pinball machine.

Here is the spec as it stands:

WPC95 cabinet - will be 'decaled' with either Black carbon fibre wrap or Scared Stiff graphics
4K 40 inch playfield monitor
HD 27 inch backbox 'translite' monitor
DMD LCD monitor
8gb graphic card DDR6 ram
3.9ghz quad core processor with 8gb DDR4 ram
30 amp 12v power supply
Seven solenoids for forced feedback
2.1 class D amplifier
Stereo backbox speakers (2 way)
New kevlar sub in cabinet
Analog plunger
Pinscape board for 'tilt/nudge' and anaolog plunger control
iPac for buttons (I think these react better than pinscape)
USB relay board for controlling solenoids (sainsmart)
PacDrive board to drive LEDs
650w Atx power supply for computer
480GB Crucial SSD
Windows 10 operating system
Pinball X
Visual Pinball 10, 9 and 9 mod
Pinball FX2
Pinball FX3 compatible (will install the 'buyers' owned tables from Steam account)
Colourisation for DMD software installed (altcolor)
Pinsound software installed (or altsound)
PinUp Player system for interactive videos on backbox screens

Going to be a great spec'ed game that is for sale.

90% sure it will be done before Christmas.

Card/paypal has taken a pounding ordering from ebay, amazon, currys/pc world.

Pictures will follow :)

Here we go!

Cabinet is being decaled with carbon fibre wrap (rather than specific machines decals) - kinds of keeps the machine pretty neutral. Lets face it - most machines go in a line dont they? If they do not - black matches everything.

The JVC 4K TV I ordered was rubbish - and I measured it ! Too big for the cab. On the website the dimensions are different.

Anyhow. More ebay/amazon/pinball heaven stuff ordered and awaiting delivery.

Well a change of plan with the monitor - Philips 40K UHD 4K monitor (not a TV) and I couldnt be happier.

PC all put together, windows bloody 10 installed (I am normally a Mac man).

Video shows MM and CCC working.

The backglass monitor is due tomorrow, but the speaker panel with LCD DMD is all working lovely as well.

Cabinet details posted next :)

Well a change of plan with the monitor - Philips 40K UHD 4K monitor (not a TV) and I couldnt be happier.

PC all put together, windows bloody 10 installed (I am normally a Mac man).

Video shows MM and CCC working.

The backglass monitor is due tomorrow, but the speaker panel with LCD DMD is all working lovely as well.

Cabinet details posted next :)
Play field looks the real deal mate!

Today - cabinet finished and back home from the unit.
As I said previously, thought it was best to use a neutral cabinet wrap rather than the Scared stiff decals I had.

27 inch monitor for backbox arrived today.
Fitted 2 way 6.5" stereo speakers in the DMD backpanel.

Going to be a busy weekend!

View attachment 125828View attachment 125829View attachment 125830View attachment 125831View attachment 125832View attachment 125833View attachment 125834View attachment 125835View attachment 125836

Agree neutral will appeal to more than SS but would love to see a SS VPin.

Looks fantastic, that video looked freaking real lol. My personal preference would be proper artwork on the cab as just far more colourful and eye catching and more like a real pin :)

Looks fantastic, that video looked freaking real lol. My personal preference would be proper artwork on the cab as just far more colourful and eye catching and more like a real pin :)
Most folks put them in a line up. Who sees the art in that situation?
Was a little surprised that nobody took me up on the custom build where they could specify the whole thing including artwork down to button colours.

Most folks put them in a line up. Who sees the art in that situation?
Was a little surprised that nobody took me up on the custom build where they could specify the whole thing including artwork down to button colours.
People have a V Pin because it's a stand alone thing with all the games on, no need for other games so no line up. A proper pin goes in a line up. I'd agree this would have looked way better with Pinball related art work installed.
Only just caught up with this thread otherwise would have suggested you put the SS artwork on.

Hi i would be interested in your machine and have followed your progress but have to agree with Replicas that carbon look is a dissapointment. Sorry

Hi i would be interested in your machine and have followed your progress but have to agree with Replicas that carbon look is a dissapointment. Sorry
There was an opportunity to spec this machine out on this very site before it was started.
No good now saying this.

Judging by my inbox, people like it and someone has ordered a HD version in a custom cab for mid 2021 in the same finish.

I must say I didn’t like the sound of the wrap but it looks a lot better than I was expecting. I already have a vpin or I’d be ordering one of pickholder as his work looks great.

could always put a few pin manufacturer stickers over the wrap if it annoys anyone that much or re wrap it etc...

Hi yes should have said earlier,but i was scared to commit having not seen any of your work before.I also thought you had a buyer for this one when the spec and price went up?Iam after as real expierience as poss with force feedback etc unless i manage to filll my space with another pin. Still interested and will follow your progress ,Thanks for sharing

Hi yes should have said earlier,but i was scared to commit having not seen any of your work before.I also thought you had a buyer for this one when the spec and price went up?Iam after as real expierience as poss with force feedback etc unless i manage to filll my space with another pin. Still interested and will follow your progress ,Thanks for sharing

I think I have sold 8 virtual pinballs on here and made at least a dozen.

Would of sent videos etc.

But I wanted someone to commit with a £500 deposit as people do say they want something then change minds.

This one will have force feedback.

Well this weekend..... had a bit of time to myself - well a few hours....

Rest of it I have been wiring and configuring hardware and software on the computer.

IMG_1387.jpgIMG_1390.jpgIMG_1391.jpgIMG_1392.jpgIMG_1394.jpg

Nothing much to see -
IPAC2 for button input (I think these have less lag than the pinscape board)
PACDRIVE for the button LEDs (and maybe speaker LEDs ??? not sure yet).
PINSCAPE for the analog plunger, nudge and tilt sensors.
2.1 AMPLIFIER feeding a 6.5" nice woofer and a pair of stereo 5.25" backbox speakers.
SAINSMART PCB to run the solenoids, which seven are installed and wired for 'feedback'
SOLID STATE RELAY and mains box all wired. When a button under the cab is pressed the PC boots, activating a relay which turns on all other power to screens, amps coils etc.
PC installed.
12v 30amp power supply for auxilary items.
All buttons wired.

Next jobs -
Bracket arrives tomorrow for 27" backbox monitor. Will be tuesday before I can do anymore......
Main 40" mounting - well that will be fun as usual!
Just a switch to wire to turn coils on and off, and then the configuration starts.
Then install bezels etc. Side rails and all the other nonsense.

For the majority of this week the DOFCONFIG tool site has been down. DOF is basically the software side of things that allow external boards to be connected to allow things like solenoids and LEDs to work with the visual pinball software.

Been really busy working this week so this afternoon is the first time since last weekend I have worked on the VPIN.

Today:

IMG_1420.jpeg
Screens in backbox mounted.

Then:
IMG_1421.jpeg
Playfield screen installed.

Next job is configuring all the software to work properly with the screen config, Done that many of them now I am kind of used to it.

Need to change a couple of things around electronically. Nothing serious.

Analog plunger is now fully working.

Then it will be time to make bezels and I will be collecting glass from pinball heaven later in the week.

Hope to have a video up maybe tomorrow.
IMG_1422.jpeg

Few more things today - take it to 95% complete.

Just have to get the software all sorted out - nearly there but a few niggles......

Oh and install the backglass glass (that I forgot from Pinball Heaven HQ last week but going this friday to collect).

RGB speaker lights installed. These change depending on what is programmed on the table, or you can change them to flash with coils/flasher circuits etc if you wish.

Should be ready this weekend for sale.

IMG_1437.jpgIMG_1438.jpgIMG_1439.jpgIMG_1440.jpgIMG_1441.jpgIMG_1443.jpgIMG_1444.jpgIMG_1445.jpg

Well - I am going to do a mod on some tables should anyone want them. Also weak flippers and broken slingshots.
Hi can you do adjustments to the games eg change the ball numbers extra balls tilt adj etc.How much is this table please.

Back
Top Bottom