What's new

Traded Virtual Pinball Machine

Tyke

Site Supporter
Alias
Mike
Evening chaps

I'm in a rare spot where I now have space for a few pins and have decided to part with my pride and joy. I took the plunge to build a virtual cab purely because I was sick and getting bored of swapping out cabs plus wanting to experience other games with ltd space/budget. We all know emulation its not the same but you can still make it a fun experience with force feedback and lights/flashers etc. All of the games use the original ROMs so you can practice the rule sets etc (I found this very useful when entering the pin comp at the slam this year).

The cab took me 6 months to build and in excess of 3k of new parts. No expense was spared along the way and what I have ended up with is I think a very very nice virtual pin cabinet.

The virtual machine is built into an original Medieval Madness cabinet which I gutted and skipped the play field and parts (they were dirty and beyond cleaning)*.

The hardware is top end and allows for the most demanding tables:
40" Samsung SMART 3D LED TV for the main play field.
A real plasma DMD (12v version and USB2DMD controller)
10 X contactors for ROM controlled force feedback.
5 X RGB LEDS
2 x Strobes
Pioneer speakers and upgraded sub with a separate amp.
Intel Core i5, 8gig ram, SSD HD, AMD HD 7870 graphics
Various encoders, controller boards.
Beautiful wiring.
Nudge support.
Tons more.

If there is interest I have loads to write up and will take pictures and video etc.

Looking for offers around 4k or would consider deal on a nice pin/pins depending on game titles.

Anyone want to see/know more?

Its not the usual rubbish you see for sale I promise. I'd like point out that I will not be without a virtual pin in the future as I have nearly enough parts to build another one when time allows.

Evening chaps

I'm in a rare spot where I now have space for a few pins and have decided to part with my pride and joy. I took the plunge to build a virtual cab purely because I was sick and getting bored of swapping out cabs plus wanting to experience other games with ltd space/budget. We all know emulation its not the same but you can still make it a fun experience with force feedback and lights/flashers etc. All of the games use the original ROMs so you can practice the rule sets etc (I found this very useful when entering the pin comp at the slam this year).

The cab took me 6 months to build and in excess of 3k of new parts. No expense was spared along the way and what I have ended up with is I think a very very nice virtual pin cabinet.

The virtual machine is built into an original Medieval Madness cabinet which I gutted and skipped the play field and parts (they were dirty and beyond cleaning)*.

The hardware is top end and allows for the most demanding tables:
40" Samsung SMART 3D LED TV for the main play field.
A real plasma DMD (12v version and USB2DMD controller)
10 X contactors for ROM controlled force feedback.
5 X RGB LEDS
2 x Strobes
Pioneer speakers and upgraded sub with a separate amp.
Intel Core i5, 8gig ram, SSD HD, AMD HD 7870 graphics
Various encoders, controller boards.
Beautiful wiring.
Nudge support.
Tons more.

If there is interest I have loads to write up and will take pictures and video etc.

Looking for offers around 4k or would consider deal on a nice pin/pins depending on game titles.

Anyone want to see/know more?

Its not the usual rubbish you see for sale I promise. I'd like point out that I will not be without a virtual pin in the future as I have nearly enough parts to build another one when time allows.
Can u send some pictures over. And how many tables u got loaded up on it

Now putting this up for sale. Its had a graphics card upgrade and new amp since my trade post went up.

Looking for a quick sale so up for a fair offer. Its one of the best around, I'm confident of that. Great to have around to learn the rules of games and try them out. Also great if you don't have room or money for certain cabs.

More pics or video on request.

i1105.photobucket.com_albums_h352_thetyke_20150421_203428_zpsohnevbwb.jpg

i1105.photobucket.com_albums_h352_thetyke_20150421_203432_zpsw5p94dng.jpg

i1105.photobucket.com_albums_h352_thetyke_20150421_203054_zpsumpjg6or.jpg

nice cab tyke, you wont be dissapointed i think they are great for learning tables and with the new physmod5 the games play great , and with vp 10 released they will get better and better. im sure there are over 800 vp tables out there
good luck on the sale m8

Looks like a really cool build would be good to see some videos of how the machine works and how those flashers interact etc... Good solution for someone with lack of space

Never really saw the attraction of a virtual pin BUT, having watched the video, I can now start to see what some people like about them. 32 pins in one place is not to be ignored. Good luck with the sale. It certainly looks like a nice machine. My son would love it.

Now thats how you build a virtual pin.

/me doths hat.

Thanks for the kind comments guys!

Would still be up for a trade if any one fancies it, try me ;)

Don't think mine will be as good as this beauty for a long time. Good luck and if you've a shop log that would be great.

Will take 2k for a quick sale or trade /px around that value.

Even the door switches work and operate the service menu and volume ;)

This looks amazing. Never played a Virtual Pinball - but from the video i'd love to try. Seems like a really good price too at 2k @tyke

Back
Top Bottom