What's new

Wanted Virtual mini pinball

Thainick

Registered
Alias
NickD
Hi all .. Looking for a mini pinball virtual machine .. being searching and found perpetual retro from Birmingham area used to do them but they seem to have disappeared .. can anyone assist with my quest
Best regards Nick

How mini is mini? Are you talking table top or a shrunken freestanding machine?
Either I'd say building it yourself is the way to go - If I can do the woodwork for one of these then anyone can!

Hi Nick,
I do have a perpetual retro machine which I have not used for about 6 months. It had an upgrade with more games (300 I think) and tilt and nudge options. Great machine - just don't use it! Message me and I will get back with photo's.
Rob

If you want to run the modern VPX game you will need a higher spec machine. MOST (not all) mini cabs run VP9 and not VPX unless you upgrade the computer.

I would buy 'thelab's one or Robs and upgrade it. As its easier than making the cabinet etc

If anyone is interested I will be putting mine on Ebay later this week
P1030275.JPG
P1030278.JPG

Thank you all for your interest in my mini pinball. I don't really know it's value and of course on this site a selling price must be stated. It will be on Ebay as soon as possible (with a low start price!) and it would be great if someone on here buys it.

Hi @Rob - I may well have a punt on it - I doubt it will stay low enough for me though, the wife has me on a strict pinball related budget right now, but I am looking for that elusive third item for my pinshed right now... whatever it may be.

Hi Nick,
I do have a perpetual retro machine which I have not used for about 6 months. It had an upgrade with more games (300 I think) and tilt and nudge options. Great machine - just don't use it! Message me and I will get back with photo's.
Rob
Pictures and price please

If you want to run the modern VPX game you will need a higher spec machine. MOST (not all) mini cabs run VP9 and not VPX unless you upgrade the computer.

I would buy 'thelab's one or Robs and upgrade it. As its easier than making the cabinet etc
Hi there .. new to all this ..
I have this table top pinball ..what do I need to do to update it all and run the best and latest softwares ..thanks in advance

Minimum specs for a 1080p VPX would be something like

i5 quad with the highest clock speed you can find
4GB RAM, 8GB if you can
GTX 760Ti minimum

HDD/SSD isn't going to make any difference to the in game performance, but will make the thing run nicer all round generally - things will load quicker.

Depending what is currently in the box you may be able to just swap the card and CPU out.

However, first thing I would do is install VPX and give it a go! - That way you'll know what's what and it'll cost you nothing!

Visual Pinball Addicts is a good resource on Facebook. They have a FAQ which is really helpful.

In mine I’m running a 750ti, Ryzen 1200, 8GB DDR4 RAM, and a SSD. It runs all the VPX tables I’ve loaded superbly in dual screen/HD.

Back
Top Bottom