What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Vacuum Tubes (Valves)

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
As some of you may know, one of my other passions alongside Pinball, shooting (Not animals!) and Drone flying is Old TV and Radio equipment. Not something that I'm fully conversant in yet, however as part of a slow learning curve I'm getting there with the old Triodes/Pentodes etc etc.

The vacuum tube (or thermionic valve) is probably the one of the greatest inventions of the 20th century. It heralded the beginning of the information age, an event as significant as the invention of the steam engine that brought humankind into the industrial age (with all its benefits and pitfalls). It made possible for the first time the amplification of electrical signals, which is the foundation for telecommunications, mass entertainment and information technology.

I'm always on the look out for NOS and used Valves - They arent worth much nowadays, however always interest me and I am always keeping my eyes open for them.

Please - if you have any kicking about that you dont want, or you have an older relation that used to do this sort of thing and has drawer after drawer of these... please let me know!!

1698336450008.png
1698336622594.png

I’ve got some in my shed. the shed is packed full of stuff though. it will literally take me years to find them. i’ve also got lots of items of interest, like old power supplies with 6.3v for valve heaters, test equipment, military circuit boards, ww2 field telephone exchange……i really need to start flogging it all off.

If i happen to stumble across them, i’ll lyk

I’ve got some in my shed. the shed is packed full of stuff though. it will literally take me years to find them. i’ve also got lots of items of interest, like old power supplies with 6.3v for valve heaters, test equipment, military circuit boards, ww2 field telephone exchange……i really need to start flogging it all off.

If i happen to stumble across them, i’ll lyk
Many thanks Alan - Really appreciated. As long as i'm not dead by the time you dig them out ;) :rofl:
I have a few GEC KT66s including some NOS....but you ain't having them :cool:

David
Damn Sexy looking valves David - No good if you havent matched/tested them though (Guessing for a Marshall??)

Many thanks Alan - Really appreciated. As long as i'm not dead by the time you dig them out ;) :rofl:

Damn Sexy looking valves David - No good if you havent matched/tested them though (Guessing for a Marshall??)
Quad II amps.

David

The price of new tubes now (12ax7 - £25!) - I am where possible re-using them - as simply my customers can not afford £350 in tubes in an amp that cost them £700 a few years ago.

I may have some but I am keeping my vintage ones for me.......

I do have some NOS Mullards - about 10 in the box - not opened but they are a weird couple of tubes: CL33 and CY31.

I wish they were EL34s as they would be worth loads!

This popped up on my FB feed a few days ago
Wow.
They are a thing of beauty (ignoring the practical purpose they were designed for!)... Especally with the faint glow behind them when powered...

The price of new tubes now (12ax7 - £25!) - I am where possible re-using them - as simply my customers can not afford £350 in tubes in an amp that cost them £700 a few years ago.

I may have some but I am keeping my vintage ones for me.......

I do have some NOS Mullards - about 10 in the box - not opened but they are a weird couple of tubes: CL33 and CY31.

I wish they were EL34s as they would be worth loads!
Well i am able to test and match if you want Sir..... Not a replacement for practical use IN the designed equipment, however always good to weedle out the bad ones....

1699797110617.png

:)

Back
Top Bottom