What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold V.Nice Stern POTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.C.Rox

Site Supporter
Wow, the post Xmas sales are happening big time! I would like to keep this longer but need to fund another pin that's come up that I can't refuse, dear god am I becoming @Will v2.0?!!

Good points,

A great pin from the non-cost cutting, non-dimpling, non-splitting cab era of Stern.

cab in good nick, few age related marks but very minor and not really visible. Worst donk is under the AT on pirates on the bottom front of the cab,
Side rails, lock down bar and coin door lovely condition, legs weren't as nice so I've added brand new ones.
Playfield in great condition, with all the dimpling happening on new stern pins and people saying its always been that way this pin is proof otherwise.
Working 100% including the infamous sinking ship after a few tweaks and quality advise from @philpalmer
ridiculous "sneeze guard" removed but included in sale but haven't had one air ball since ownership.

Bonus Features,

Tastefully leded gi in some places,
Mirror blades,
Led strip behind the translite to give better even light. I'll admit I was a bit laissez faire with the install but it has a remote and can be set to all sorts of colours but I've set it as close to an original incandescent board as possible.
Whilst taking the power to above led from the board I've added a small led strip to illuminate the haunting Jack Sparrow skull topper I added.
External headphone socket. Drowns out the missus/kids/neighbours etc.
Mr Wobbles sling and outlane plastics in cool green, also inc red options.
Custom cards,
Keyless lock for coindoor.
Manual, novelty keyring of course and spare sling plastics.
Bloody hell I nearly forgot, has a colour lcd dmd too!!

Not so bonus features.

Tortuga spinny decal thingy is worn a bit, replacements are available from Pinball Heaven but never bothered me enough to sort.
Original bulb out, might be the bulb, often its the ballast but I had the led strip anyway so that was a no-brainer fix, but worth mentioning.
Thats it. Ok, well if I'm scraping the barrel the glass has a couple of small scratches that don't affect anything and don't photo but are there!

Price is £3K for one helluva fun pin. Latest code and all that, other versions available via pinside if you want more film music/callouts but I think the original code it brill as is.

Pin based in Haddington, Scotland, EH41 4PU. I can do video calls on whatsapp or make videos if required no worries, spoke to Martin today, he's doing a Scotland run in 2 weeks time, around the 20th Jan.

Pics coming in 5......4......3......

Last edited:
Screenshot_20200107-182707_Gallery.jpg
20200107_171719.jpg
20200107_171835.jpg
20200107_173910.jpg
20200107_173940.jpg
20200107_174119.jpg
20200107_174647.jpg
20200107_174707.jpg
20200107_174712.jpg
20200107_174820.jpg
20200107_174856.jpg
20200107_174951.jpg
20200107_175005.jpg
20200107_175012.jpg
20200107_175048.jpg
20200107_175154.jpg
20200107_175210.jpg
20200107_175732.jpg
Screenshot_20200107-182423_Gallery.jpg

Well as he’s asking a grand more than I had it up for sale 12 months ago I think he might take a while to sell it 😉

Isn’t this the guy who was threatening legal action against another forum member after buying a pin a few years back?

This will be my only response :

Anyone interested in the above please click the link.

I apologize if there’s been a misunderstanding, I was not attempting to flip, I do not do that sort of thing.
In The past Yes I sold few machines here and there I was as I was struggling for money, & made a few mistakes as I was a young buck learning & have sincerely paid my dues.

I Only buy and sell for the love of my personal collection as all you do. The price I put on Pinball Owners was the I don’t want to sell price for the future just in case, the machine is not for sale and I do not wish to sell & I have amended pinball owners.

As for the unfortunate ‘drama’, this was all years ago and I very much hope it can be put to rest.
for those of you interested as I did mentioned in the voice message above,

I did not Want to take any of that type of action in the past, At ALL!
but I had no choice & those who actually knew the details agreed with my choices, unfortunately it was severely blown out of proportion and was the hot topic to comment on, without anyone really knowing the details and taking sides unjustly,
& was severely cyber bullied by a few members on the forum, (not playing the victim role here just stating facts).
I hope that we can all put this to bed and move on as I have been doing for quite a while,
the truth is, I Am not this guy The forum paints me to me, and I do apologise if I have ever ruffled any feathers.

Those of you that actually know me in the slightest and have spoken to me will know the truth, and all you of you who don’t know me and comment... need only to do a small bit of research to the people actually known me / does business with me or met me at an event or tournament to learn this :)

Very much hope that every single pinball info member who feels any ill will towards can accept my warm apologies for any mistakes made in the past, and any misunderstanding currently & I hope To have chance one day to shake your hand, buy you all a beer, and share a friendly game. & of course you’re all welcome to come see me play at Ronnie Scotts and a free ticket will be left on the door for you if you so wish.

If your interested in me, my collection, my past involving the hobbie, see here :

Me with Johns Arcade :

Happy 2020, cheers to all and take care
HB

This will be my only response :

Anyone interested in the above please click the link.

[/URL]

I apologize if there’s been a misunderstanding, I was not attempting to flip, I do not do that sort of thing.
In The past Yes I sold few machines here and there I was as I was struggling for money, & made a few mistakes as I was a young buck learning & have sincerely paid my dues.

I Only buy and sell for the love of my personal collection as all you do. The price I put on Pinball Owners was the I don’t want to sell price for the future just in case, the machine is not for sale and I do not wish to sell & I have amended pinball owners.

As for the unfortunate ‘drama’, this was all years ago and I very much hope it can be put to rest.
for those of you interested as I did mentioned in the voice message above,

I did not Want to take any of that type of action in the past, At ALL!
but I had no choice & those who actually knew the details agreed with my choices, unfortunately it was severely blown out of proportion and was the hot topic to comment on, without anyone really knowing the details and taking sides unjustly,
& was severely cyber bullied by a few members on the forum, (not playing the victim role here just stating facts).
I hope that we can all put this to bed and move on as I have been doing for quite a while,
the truth is, I Am not this guy The forum paints me to me, and I do apologise if I have ever ruffled any feathers.

Those of you that actually know me in the slightest and have spoken to me will know the truth, and all you of you who don’t know me and comment... need only to do a small bit of research to the people actually known me / does business with me or met me at an event or tournament to learn this :)

Very much hope that every single pinball info member who feels any ill will towards can accept my warm apologies for any mistakes made in the past, and any misunderstanding currently & I hope To have chance one day to shake your hand, buy you all a beer, and share a friendly game. & of course you’re all welcome to come see me play at Ronnie Scotts and a free ticket will be left on the door for you if you so wish.

If your interested in me, my collection, my past involving the hobbie, see here :

Me with Johns Arcade :

Happy 2020, cheers to all and take care
HB

I though when John bought 2 cup cakes,oh bringing a little cake to have with a cuppa at Harry’s, nice move... but no just a few cakes for the (15 minute !) drive 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom