What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using FlexDMD

Andy B

Site Supporter
I installed Game of Thrones last night which said it needed FlexDMD to work. I could get it playing but obviously without a DMD.

So I installed that and the Frezy DLL files and managed to work out how to enable DMD.

I right clicked in the DMD to resize and position it.

Also had a look at the different configuration options in there.

Played around with a few (size of dots, font color etc.). None of them seem to work. I have the gameofthrones.FkexDMD folder in my Tables folder.

NOW there is a caveat with that. For some reason the whole of the dialogue box for FlexDMD does not fit on my playfield screen. Critically there are some buttons towards the bottom that I can see the top off but not what they are called. I am imagining they are different save options. Even though I’ve tried all 3 nine of them seem to enforce the changes I am making in the options screen.

Anyone know what I’m missing here please and why is there no documentation/instructions on tinterweb on how to use FlexDMD? I can find videos on how to install it and how to update it but none on how to actually use it!

Thanks

Andy

Never used it myself but did you follow install guide for FlexDMD?

https://github.com/vbousquet/flexdmd
Yep, I did.

I know it’s working because when I originally set it up there was no DMD showing on the table but I found a thread that said virtual DMD had to be enabled in VPinmame so I did that and the DMD started showing in table so I resized and moved it to middle screen of my three screen set up. Also if I hit Alt and Tab when table is running to bring up Windows I can see that FlexDMD is one of the running programs.

I’m sure it’s something to do with the buttons I can’t see or maybe there are even more buttons further down that dialogue box I can’t see.

Also wondering if this particular table does not have all of the options adjustable - I am trying things like resizing dots and changing colours but to no avail.

Last edited:
Can give you a hand when I get home if you like. Even better if you have team viewer or something as I could go in and set up everything including 10.8 if needed

Back
Top Bottom