What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted UPRIGHT MAME WITH GAMES.

Matti B

Registered
I want one! Doesn't have to be new. But needs to boot easily and have loads of 90's era games (including Killer Instinct 2)

2 players, 6 buttons.

PM me if you have one!

thanks

PS.

Not been to pinball in a whilst because I love changing nappies too much.

Well, he's 11 months now, but thanks! I'm not able to drive up and down the UK on a whim just to play pinball anymore and all the good shows near me have been cancelled!

Jammaplus is a good place look, picked up a couple of smaller ones from there.

I have an original KI2 cab (with original KI2 and KI1 boards) and a mame setup so you can put a PC inside if you wish. Is this of interest to you?

I had a good look before I got this one, decided on a new one where you can pick your own art work as was only £675 and very nice quality, comes with 12,000 games

20160918_083641.jpg

20160924_175554 (1).jpg

shop around. avoid williams amusements and any cab that looks like it was once a bookies cab , megatouch , who wants to be a millionaire , golden tee etc

original jamma cabs getting on a bit now so can see the attraction in a new build - try Turnarcades

@robertlucas1970 where did you end up purchasing this from? Does it contain MAME and games console emulated games?

A guy on Facebook makes them, real nice quality, he cuts all his own MDF and can do any artwork you like, you pick the style of joystick, colour of buttons, T- trim, nice quality 4:3 monitor, it runs mame and all the game consoles from a rasbury pi.
I was going to make my own, but just the artwork was £100 and by the time I had a list of parts I was toward £500, so I dont think he makes a great deal at what he charges, my mate has just order one for his kids for Christmas, he also does the bartop version that sits on a table.
If you search Facebook for Chillis Arcade you should find his page.
I went with the Space Invaders theme as thought it would be easy to sell if I didnt like it, but as I am keeping it I wish I went for the Starwars or Batman now.

1604871_931938466854560_7343147402316296519_n.jpg

12742285_961284287253311_7289963836279280491_n.jpg

12990887_994478547267218_8170218887886848254_n.jpg

13062022_1000401500008256_4184619994765514179_n.jpg

criag turnarcades has a gutted KI2 midway original for sale with the six button panel. now that would make an awesome MAME base cab. solid and with the KI2 artwork

shop around. avoid williams amusements and any cab that looks like it was once a bookies cab , megatouch , who wants to be a millionaire , golden tee etc

Agree with ^^^ , didn't enjoy my dealings with them

I have an original KI2 cab (with original KI2 and KI1 boards) and a mame setup so you can put a PC inside if you wish. Is this of interest to you?

It does interest me! but would it be an either/or situation? as in: it works as a Mame or an a KI2 cab only?

A guy on Facebook makes them, real nice quality, he cuts all his own MDF and can do any artwork you like, you pick the style of joystick, colour of buttons, T- trim, nice quality 4:3 monitor, it runs mame and all the game consoles from a rasbury pi.
I was going to make my own, but just the artwork was £100 and by the time I had a list of parts I was toward £500, so I dont think he makes a great deal at what he charges, my mate has just order one for his kids for Christmas, he also does the bartop version that sits on a table.
If you search Facebook for Chillis Arcade you should find his page.
I went with the Space Invaders theme as thought it would be easy to sell if I didnt like it, but as I am keeping it I wish I went for the Starwars or Batman now.

View attachment 36172

View attachment 36173

View attachment 36174

View attachment 36175
Wow -- those look really good -- I am gonna check him out!

Hey ya Matti, also worth looking up turnarcades on Facebook, I have preordered a Mame cab through Craig with custom Pacman graphics

It does interest me! but would it be an either/or situation? as in: it works as a Mame or an a KI2 cab only?

Currently, it has no boards in it. I do have them available (KI1+KI2, UMK3) but my machine is stored in a unit and i didn't want to risk damage to the boards so i removed them. Can work as a standalone jamma machine or with a pc with mame loaded onto it. I no longer have a pc for it, but all the jamma connectors and jamma adaption boards are there to allow you to hook up the controls and monitor very easily.

Currently, it has no boards in it. I do have them available (KI1+KI2, UMK3) but my machine is stored in a unit and i didn't want to risk damage to the boards so i removed them. Can work as a standalone jamma machine or with a pc with mame loaded onto it. I no longer have a pc for it, but all the jamma connectors and jamma adaption boards are there to allow you to hook up the controls and monitor very easily.

Alas, I'm after more of a 'plug & play' approach.

I'd just like to add my recommendation for Chilli's Arcade (https://m.facebook.com/ChillisArcade) if anyone is looking for a MAME Cab.

Received mine yesterday and have to say it far exceeded my expectations and is perfect. The build quality is top notch and every little detail has been thought of. Chris was super helpful throughout and will tailor it to your requirements.

First game to play had to be Snow Bros. my all time favourite! Yes, you can play all these games on a PC/tablet, but it doesn't come close to playing on a dedicated cab.

Very pleased and a perfect accompaniment to my Pins.

20161103_192613.jpg

Will be listing my one which is about 6 weeks old, only played Phoenix and 1942 on it., I went with the classic Invaders theme that will never age :)
Would like £500

20160918_083641.jpg

A guy on UKVAC/Jammaplus sells small PC boards that plug-and-play direct to a JAMMA loom. Stick one of those in a JAMMA cab is about as good as MAME can get. No need for them crappy flat screens just yet!

We have finally converted the garage!! Which means I now have space for an arcade machine.

Now -- my brother in law is offering to build me a MAMA cab -- but I was wondering if anybody had a KI2 cabinet or any old original cabs that can be "upcycled" to include a new mame systems?

Thanks!

Thought I would resurectbthis thread- just bought a Chilli’s Arcade Tall Boy - Evo

looking forward to getting it in a few weeks. Had a mame can before
94F4E311-236B-4A75-8AE7-87A2A998EB03.jpeg
70F7E1F4-7147-4A7D-8A85-2CEBA92E6A59.jpeg
made out of an old Jamma can- but didn’t play half the games

Back
Top Bottom