What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrade work part 2 - thoughts??

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
So, as was being discussed here : http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/upgrade-work.14075/

Thoughts on the changes - i realise i havent had chance to update on features etc yet, however any comments/thoughts/suggestions etc etc.

Cant promise to please everyone, however i do my best to try to appease the masses ;)

i still have to, based upon feedback, set up and implement a "light" theme, as i know some prefer that, however it will be the same as this one however with a lighter backdrop and dark text... just an inverse really...

So - come on - all guns etc... :S

Cheers
Paul

Great work on all fronts Paul.
Many thanks on making this forum what it is today.

Hate to say this as I know you work hard for no reward and get negative comments on so many things.
So sorry for this but I stimulant get use to the new text. The older one was so much easier to read were as I am struggling to read this one.
Is there a option to just change the text ?

As in the text for the threads Daz? If so - i already changed it!!! it uses Sans-serif, the same as the old skin did...

Did the size of everything change? I'm viewing on an iPad air and it feels like everything got bigger, like when you lower the resolution on a monitor. I would like to see a pic of how it used to look just to be sure but I seem to remember the main text body being wider and the left hand profile column being narrower? Did I imagine that? ( quite possible! )

Edit....I just found the light/dark profile thing and as I suspected everything is larger in the dark theme. I prefer the size of everything in the light theme but prefer the dark look so I can't win :-(.

Last edited:
As in the text for the threads Daz? If so - i already changed it!!! it uses Sans-serif, the same as the old skin did...
Seems I ain't getting the Sans-serif text then ?????? Strange.

If the jpg of the font comparisons is correct I too am seeing the comment text in Serif. I've got the "Dark" theme enabled as well.

However oddly enough it looks as if the user profile information next to the posts (under the user avatars) and also the drop down "Tools" menu is using Sans-Serif...

Is it perhaps 2 different settings and only one is set to Sans?

Rog

Just checked my profile page and everything on there seems to use Sans as well - Including my history of posts ironically... It seems to only be Serif when viewing the actual post threads themselves

Am I the only one noticing how much bigger everything is in the dark theme compared to the light? Maybe it's an iPad thing?

Am I the only one noticing how much bigger everything is in the dark theme compared to the light? Maybe it's an iPad thing?

Kev,
The light is a completely different (and flawed!) style - it's nothing to do with this one!!! :D

erm

I was getting the body text in Serif but the bit below the avatar in San-serif.

Just changed view to light (xenpowa) and it was the same ( in your post there Paul the word different has bases on the two fs )

Now when ive chaged back to Dark, all the posts have been underlined

Edit:
changed and back again, back to non underlined text.. Phew

The underline is because i'm playing, trying to confirm....

Have fed back to the developer, since it seems whatever i put in the box, it makes no difference tot he displayed font....

Ah ok,

Should have said im getting Serif on both my work pc (win7 with latest firefox) and my ipad (ios8 and safari)

Should also say, neither of them bother me. Just trying to help, keep up the good work:clap:

One thing i have noticed

I use the new posts option at the top (As recommended by Dan due to resizing issues of featured thread)

Some of the threads i go to now just start at the top of the page rather than before it used to jump to the first unread post in the thread (hope that makes sense ?)
Again no biggie just if your fixing stuff

Kev,
The light is a completely different (and flawed!) style - it's nothing to do with this one!!! :D
Ok, I'll reword it, everything is too big in the new theme on my ipad in my opinion. :rolleyes:. Looks just fine on my works pc though.

One thing i have noticed

I use the new posts option at the top (As recommended by Dan due to resizing issues of featured thread)

Some of the threads i go to now just start at the top of the page rather than before it used to jump to the first unread post in the thread (hope that makes sense ?)

I have to say, i use that function daily, multiple times, and haven't had that issue at all.... as long as you click on the link for the thread, it should automatically go to the last post you read in that thread... :)

Yep I'm getting sans-serif now

Yeah I'm not 100% sure my first unread post is working right but I'll get back to you on it ( might be a ios 8 problem )

Read some posts on pc and some on iPad in work. Will do a bit of structured tests and let you know

One thing i have noticed

Got this this morning. Clicked on the "NLP / PLAY EXPO MANCHESTER - ROLL CALL !" thread in the "New Posts" list and was taken to the top post on page 2. Clicked "Go To First Unread" and it took me to CoolDans post from around 10a.m. today which is about a dozen or so posts down the page (and was the first one I'd not previously read).

This could be a slow loading issue though if the page loads absolutely everything before auto-executing a jump to the first unread and everyone experiencing this is just clicking the "Go to first unread" button before our crappy browser/ connection loads the rest of the background info.

Rog

(P.S. Sans now shows on crappy work IE8 browser as well :) )

Hmm yet on very next "new posts" click I'm thrown down to the first unread of the SCS AC/DC tourney thread...

Works connection at the mo - Its usually pretty nippy, but you never know :)

I'll see if I can replicate it on the home ADSL but I've not had a repeat since the one I posted which was the first thing I did when connecting to the page this morning so maybe it IS a loading issue.

Alternately maybe Ian and I have Matrix-like reflexes and are hitting the button before it even registers on other peoples optic nerves ;)

I'm not having any problems using my PC.

Your boy's logo is a bit stretched still, you need to sort that before he sees it :)

Back
Top Bottom