What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upcoming upgrades/GDPR

I'm trying to get rid of the blue banner... you know the score... I switched it on, and now cant find where it is to switch off again!

Always the way with upgrades, it always takes longer than you think it will.

I just skipped through the privacy policy and T&Cs confirmations.. please don't sell my very important data :oops::(

Not seen this one before :eek:

Nice one Paul, it's a Pinhead smilie!

Looks good but it's going to take some getting use to (for me anyway)

cannot log in via Tapatalk. Is that disabled at the moment or is my problem local?

cannot log in via Tapatalk. Is that disabled at the moment or is my problem local?

Tapatalk currently disabled, since it seems like their add-on is Garbage and breaks lots of things at present... Suggestion - try accessing using the web, since this skin is optimised for Mobile use too (i was pleasantly surprised earlier when i checked!)..

I will re-install if the call is there for it, however only if there's a call for it... :)

Tapatalk currently disabled, since it seems like their add-on is Garbage and breaks lots of things at present... Suggestion - try accessing using the web, since this skin is optimised for Mobile use too (i was pleasantly surprised earlier when i checked!)..

I will re-install if the call is there for it, however only if there's a call for it... :)
That's pretty much the only thing I use, so yes please!!!

I only used Tapatalk, been trying to get all yesterday and today. That’s why I couldn’t get on then lol

Taking a while to get used to the new look but i like it and havent come accross any issues yet, thanks for everything that you do Paul!

That's pretty much the only thing I use, so yes please!!!
I only used Tapatalk, been trying to get all yesterday and today. That’s why I couldn’t get on then lol
Me too for tapatalk. Too much going on here.

Tapatalk should be up and running now... It's still in Beta - If anyone could let me know if it doesnt work or breaks anything would be appreciated :) Thanks! (You may have to re-add pinballinfo)

Big issue - registrations are currently marked closed.

Someone on Facebook just tried to direct a new person to the forums and they couldn't register an account. Just tried to make a new one myself and, no dice. Registrations closed!

Big issue - registrations are currently marked closed.

Someone on Facebook just tried to direct a new person to the forums and they couldn't register an account. Just tried to make a new one myself and, no dice. Registrations closed!

Intended (and forgot to mention!). Registrations are currently closed for a couple of days to allow everything to settle (as well as allow me to write something for the other Admins to understand how things now work)

So yes, Well spotted, however intentional. Looking to re-open in a couple of days :)

Nice work Paul.

Will it be possible to change the theme with the new software ?
I prefer to have the site in white as opposed to the default grey.
Maybe it is already an option but I can’t find it ?

Nice work Paul.

Will it be possible to change the theme with the new software ?
I prefer to have the site in white as opposed to the default grey.
Maybe it is already an option but I can’t find it ?

White theme will be here in the next day or two.... :)

Tapatalk should be up and running now... It's still in Beta - If anyone could let me know if it doesnt work or breaks anything would be appreciated :) Thanks! (You may have to re-add pinballinfo)
Thanks Paul!!! Much appreciated.

One thing i think you really need to sort @Paul is the lack of SSL on this website. Most browsers nowadays actively warn people that websites that they're on that don't use SSL can expose their personal data, etc. Google give a ranking boost to SSL enabled sites as well, and very soon will make Chrome say "Not secure" for any website that doesn't use it.

HTTPS is demonstrably faster than HTTP now too, and with HTTP/2.0 its considerably faster (one request to download multiple resources vs one per resource). There's no downside nowadays to making your entire website SSL, quite the opposite in fact.

You can even get free SSL certificates from the likes of Lets Encrypt, but if you don't have sufficient access to use this even basic SSL certificates can be had for around £5 a year.

One thing i think you really need to sort @Paul is the lack of SSL on this website. Most browsers nowadays actively warn people that websites that they're on that don't use SSL can expose their personal data, etc. Google give a ranking boost to SSL enabled sites as well, and very soon will make Chrome say "Not secure" for any website that doesn't use it.

HTTPS is demonstrably faster than HTTP now too, and with HTTP/2.0 its considerably faster (one request to download multiple resources vs one per resource). There's no downside nowadays to making your entire website SSL, quite the opposite in fact.

You can even get free SSL certificates from the likes of Lets Encrypt, but if you don't have sufficient access to use this even basic SSL certificates can be had for around £5 a year.

It's on the Radar.... Need to get the recent work up to where it should be first though before considering this :)

Hi @Paul I need a refresher course How do you attach a file like pictures from a phone ?
The new layout looks good :)

Sam as on a Desktop PC... Type your message, Attach files... then, for example on my iphone it prompts for where to attach them from... Camera, Photo library or to browse....

EDIT : This is using the Phone's Web browser to access the site...

Smashing job. The change is playing havoc with my OCD but I can see where it's going so I'm fighting on.

Any chance of page navigation at the top of a thread ?

And the green pencil reply blob is just plain anoying on Android phoned.... OCD moment.

Any chance of page navigation at the top of a thread ?

There'll be a light theme soon... that might help a little ;)

What do you mean by this please... if i can understand a little i can try (or if not, ask the developers!)

Back
Top Bottom