What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unscrewing stubborn posts?

You need to apply force upwards as you unscrew to try to get whats left of the thread ( if anything! ) to take. Try tapping a shallow bladed screwdriver under the hexagon section, maybe from both sides to give you that upward force. This exact thing happened to me, its a poor design. I ended up fitting a post with a nut underneath as the thread was lost in the hole. Trouble with that is the hole is too close to the side wall so I had to grind the side of a nut down for it to fit.

Is there a thread in the top of the post?. If so, a fastener & washer solidly wound into it could provide a grip to apply upward pressure.

Can you screw a nut on the thread ? If so you should be able to turn the post and when the nut touches the underside of the hole the post should start rising out of the hole.

If you get a pair of pliers/long nose pliers on the bottom of the thread and hold it tight while you unscrew the top of it, it will come out.

Back
Top Bottom