What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Underrated pins that don’t require a mortgage and have pleasantly surprised you with your reasons why?

Played SoF briefly at Pinfest. It was really good fun, actually, with lots of interesting stuff on the playfield.

I recall that, strangely for a pinball rather than a video game, it had the difficulty adjustments quite bundled, i.e. one Adjustment (Ad ##) function named 'Game Difficulty' with the choice of Easy, Medium or Hard, rather than having lots of individually adjustable items. The two I dealt with at the time were both German production machines, and for the first example, the instruction card didn't have an English translation on the reverse. The boss's partner made the first attempt; would you've guessed that 'Balls running back spot letters' referred to the return lanes?

'Lots of interesting stuff' - the talk was that this game had been somewhat stripped down from the designers' original intention.

S o F probably has the best original sound track of ANY amusement machine . Game play is lets say "different". Its a very atmospheric package. Game was rushed as distributors only had Banzai Run (1/5 more expensive than usual and not suited for every location) to sell and Taxi was delayed. original designer was I believe fired and Steve Ritchie helped legendary player and designer Steve Kirk complete the game.

Its become a bit hyped especailly in the US where its unusual layout makes it popular in leagues

I like a lot of system 11 games . I like my Space Station but its going to be a right faff to get it on coins hence I put it up for sale. I priced it at the top end because its Matt Adams old machine who overhauled it / added LEDs and I have added fancy LED displays.

I know of a couple of Swords of Fury's that have sold recently, neither were 3k and US prices have never reflected UK prices.

I know of one that went for 3k last month!

US prices will absolutely catch on in the UK with the falling pound - be prepared as already applying to NIB!

Last edited:
I was offered a nice sof last year for €3500, I skipped it but it sold not long after so not beyond the realms of reality unfortunately

So here is my Underrated hidden Gem that has surpassed my expectations. TFTC

I can highly recommend the PinSound and speaker upgrade for TFTC. There are a couple of really good soundtrack remixes out there for it, a heavy metal one and a surprisingly good Disco version! I've had my TFTC for over 18 years now, still really enjoy playing it and I don't think I would ever part with it.

Cheers

Cris

Back
Top Bottom