What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trade ULTRAPIN MACHINE

John Beveridge

Site Supporter
Hi i am looking to swap/trade/part/ex my Ultrapin machine . It`s a machine from 2006 that was originally released with six games on it. F-14 Tomcat, Strikes and Spares, Xenon, Attack From Mars, Medieval Madness and Sorcerer.

Thought i`d give one a go even though i`d never been a fan of video pinball simulations..........so now i`ve tried it and i want to move it on, hopefully to someone who is a fan of the format.

Cabinet and backbox are really nice and it plays really well.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 141
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 131
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 134
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 130
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 128
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 126
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 126
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 126
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 127
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 124
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 124
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 131
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 129
John - I have built several Virtual Pinballs. This all said and done is 'old tech' but I once put a new computer into one of these and used the existing parts to make a great virtual pinball machine. Whoever trades it with you - I am happy to give them help in upgrading (but you would need to throw at least £400 at it!). My Virtual pinball tables and other ones I have seen in the UK if any good sell for £2000 - £4000 depending on spec.

Without upgrading it is not bad at all, however I would suggest upgrading to a solid state drive.

Do you have the original 'install' CDs (it came with 2). If not I do have an .iso of it - should anyone become unstuck with one of these.

I do like the ultrapin cab - its nice and compact. A bit like a Safe Cracker.

Out of interest what kind of trade 'value' do you have on it? I may know someone at my end.....

Hi Pick i have one of these machines that does not work ,i had to change the power supply over to get the computer to fire up but now it says no signal check cable ,any help appreciated.

regards
Keith

Means it's not seeing the output from the PC (No signal).

First thing i would do would be to connect a different monitor, using a different cable to prove... Also before this make sure that the cable from the MB to the screen is plugged in properly...

First sorry to hi jack your thread John,Paul thank you for your reply (i will try that) and Pick thank you for your input ,my machine is i think a later one , the computer is set to 240volt i cant see it ever had a transformer but there is a seperate power supply for the screens. Only once when i replaced the computer power supply did it actually do anything then once i had the bios screen ,i went out and purchased a mouse and key board to get into the screen since then nothing but "No Signal ".Pick would you be ok if you could mail me your direct email address as i dont like tagging onto Johns thread
much appreciate your help

John - I have built several Virtual Pinballs. This all said and done is 'old tech' but I once put a new computer into one of these and used the existing parts to make a great virtual pinball machine. Whoever trades it with you - I am happy to give them help in upgrading (but you would need to throw at least £400 at it!). My Virtual pinball tables and other ones I have seen in the UK if any good sell for £2000 - £4000 depending on spec.

Without upgrading it is not bad at all, however I would suggest upgrading to a solid state drive.

Do you have the original 'install' CDs (it came with 2). If not I do have an .iso of it - should anyone become unstuck with one of these.

I do like the ultrapin cab - its nice and compact. A bit like a Safe Cracker.

Out of interest what kind of trade 'value' do you have on it? I may know someone at my end.....

Hi , yes i do have the two discs and an original manual plus a spare lockdown bar with a bag containing a couple of solenoids and fixings which i think was meant to enhance the feel of the flipper buttons. I am pretty clueless about the machine and it`s workings and am just glad it seems to play away nicely other than i have to wait a few minutes for it to come out of a game once i`ve finished.

Value wise i have no idea and am really just looking to change it back for a pinball machine , my best guess was to pitch it at £1000/£1500 on eBay and see what i might get offered but as i said i really am in the dark as there haven`r exactly been many of these coming up for sale to give me a guideline.

Thanks,
John.

Hello @John Beveridge
You must have the MK1 table - as the solenoids were an add on kit. Very easy to fit.

I must say I think you are about right at £1K - £1.2K. I am actually looking for one but want a broken one so I can put in a new play field screen, new backglass screen and an actual colour DMD so I am actually ripping all the guts out and using the cab.

They come up every now and then on evil bay. Yes - it is emulation and most people hate them but you can get good results with putting some work into them.

Personally I got into the visual pinball as I could no longer afford games like MM, AFM, CV, CC etc - at lest using VP I can play them all.

@keith b smith - I have emailed you as requested.

I've always fancied one. I've got 3 real Pins but still play on Pinball Arcade. I'd need to see/play a modern one to see how they feel and look.

Liberty Games sell one but can't find any other information about it apart from on their website so maybe it is one they build themselves?

https://www.libertygames.co.uk/stor...ll_machines/multipin-virtual-pinball-machine/. The blurb says they purchase the tables for you through Steam?

The cheapest at Home Leisure is nearly twice the price.

Yes John it is - and apologies for not sending you a message. All got delivered and as per usual you packaged everything perfectly.
It now has new computer and new screen and really enjoying it!
Another PLUS ONE to trading with John.
Thanks !

Hi John your right there very very impressed is an under statement what Phil (pick holder) has done with that ultra pin its just another level ,the graphics have to be seen to be believed .That guy is a genius i know people say its not real pinball but Phil has got it as bloody close as possible .

Back
Top Bottom