What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Ullo John! Got a new motor?

insx

Registered
Alias
Tim S
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement for this motor? I'm guessing that it's not serviceable. It's from my JM hand mechanism and when it's hooked up to 12v it just sort of pulses instead of spinning. So far, I've only been able to find the whole motor and gearbox assembly for $199 at Marco, which seems a bit unneccesarry.

JM Motor.jpg

Might that he the same one used in the shadow 's mini pf?

Might that he the same one used in the shadow 's mini pf?

The gearbox assembly is different but it's possible that the motor itself is the same, I don't know.

Lot's of motors that *look* like that cheapo on the Bay. The gear cog may be an issue but may pull off.

Are you sure the motor is foobar? Can attach it to a supply and see if it spins up briefly (don't leave it running under no load). It might be gunked up inside, if so could try blowing some air through the vents or a shot of switch cleaner.

Completely foobar, the whole motor just sort of pulses instead of spinning, it blows the fuse and has blackened wires inside. Someone at work who knows more about motors than me says it's shorting.

This is further complicated by the fact that the 800 rpm on the label almost certainly refers to the output of the gearbox so I have no idea what the spec of the actual motor is.

Cheap motors are incoming, I just have to transfer the cog and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom