What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKPinfest 2021 Machine donation thread

But if your made it so unplayable that good players will be as good as newbies on any game I think you have to question that - but I'll bring some power balls if you are really game ;)

No need to panic Neil, it's fast and has 2X 3 banks targets facing the flippers ready to bounce the ball back down the middle of them. Good players with fast reflexes will do fine, just don't play when drunk or tired. 1M is a good score and your personal challenge is to hit the ramp...... just once.

Super Orbit isn't too kind either.... and every pinball game has an element of luck. ;)

The pins that are for sale at the show, am I right in thinking if you buy anything you can take it home on the Sunday after the show

Do we know what's for sale or is it a wait and see job? After speaking to Craig the other day I think I might try to squeeze a Bally Williams into the collection

Listed further up but here you are:
Strikes & Spares
Hook - (already in donation list)
Simpsons (Data East)
Dr Who
Star Trek Next Gen
Spirit
No Good Gofers - (already in donation list)
Flash Gordon
Cobra
Mata Hari
GiGi
Judge Dredd
Bride of Pinbot
Riverboat Gambler
Flash
White Water
Wizard
Fireball
Nitro Ground Shaker
Six Million Dollar Man
Bow & Arrow
Transformers
Spiderman
F14 Tomcat
Genie
Medusa - (already in donation list)
Getaway

Quick question. Should i put a normal key lock on the coin door? the machine i’m bringing has a keyless lock currently.

Quick question. Should i put a normal key lock on the coin door? the machine i’m bringing has a keyless lock currently.
Never thought of that, one of mine is easily accessable, but I'm sure I've seen one like that at Pinfest before & it didn't seem to cause any problems.

I could bring MM, problem is there’s a switch out (moat switch, one of the more important ones).
Pretty sure it’s not the CPU, I’ve jumpered it & the switch registers.
If it’s wanted there I have two options as I’m crap at sorting electrics.
I get talked through it by people on here using words of one syllable.
I bring it down and someone spends 10/15 minutes fixing it. Frowned on I know, but if needs must…
Thoughts?
Alan.

6E965F6F-B759-41AD-B22F-F7144F7A7936.jpeg

With Poibug’s help I think I’ve located the problem. If I squeeze this connector, it’s a sloppy fit, switch registers. Problem is I don’t have a replacement or the crimp if I had. Any hacks, apart from straight soldering it through? Thought about coating the pins with vaseline, apparently it’s a good conductor, but I’m scratching my head a bit.
Cheers, Alan.

View attachment 145401

With Poibug’s help I think I’ve located the problem. If I squeeze this connector, it’s a sloppy fit, switch registers. Problem is I don’t have a replacement or the crimp if I had. Any hacks, apart from straight soldering it through? Thought about coating the pins with vaseline, apparently it’s a good conductor, but I’m scratching my head a bit.
Cheers, Alan.

3C5BDAE6-2644-4C4D-912D-71603DB775E2.png

Sorted. Got The Legend on the case 👍

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL DONATORS

Delivering

As you're coming into the grounds of the hotel, follow the road around to the left. This will bring you around the back of the hotel and you should see the loading bay open. Pull up, drop your machine off, park up then come back and set up your machines with the help of the staff.

Break Down

What we've done in previous years has worked very well. We all want to get packed and away as fast as possible. Please break down your machine. Once you're ready to load up, see John or Liz at the loading bay and they'll get you in. Please don't leave the show early and park your vehicle by the loading bay door. You'll be asked to move it.

And trust me, you don't want to mess with Liz.

We have some goodies to raffle off for all the donators too!

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL DONATORS

Delivering

As you're coming into the grounds of the hotel, follow the road around to the left. This will bring you around the back of the hotel and you should see the loading bay open. Pull up, drop your machine off, park up then come back and set up your machines with the help of the staff.

Break Down

What we've done in previous years has worked very well. We all want to get packed and away as fast as possible. Please break down your machine. Once you're ready to load up, see John or Liz at the loading bay and they'll get you in. Please don't leave the show early and park your vehicle by the loading bay door. You'll be asked to move it.

And trust me, you don't want to mess with Liz.

We have some goodies to raffle off for all the donators too!
Thanks for this, but I hope I'm right in thinking park up, check in, maybe freshen up, then pull up at the loading bay would also work for you guys.

I was hoping to find the tournament streams from 2019 as it was my first pinfest and still quite a few new to real pinball so I'd love to see the footage that drew me in [emoji16] I guess it's not hosted anywhere as I did look on pinball live's twitch and it wasn't there

Sorry I haven't yet uploaded this David, still editing a nice version, however I'm steaming an uncut re-run tonight, see:

We've got some Stern goodies to give away for the machine donators. It's a nightmare trying to get everyone together so we'll donate prizes at random. Draw will be done later today.

Back
Top Bottom