What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKPinfest 2021 Machine donation thread

I think people problem is with people bringing known broken machines along hoping that someone will mark them as faulty and get fixed for free..

I doubt anyone has a problem with you stating its broken but you will bring it if someone can change the switch/fix it for you, saying that im not big phil and i would at least message him and ask if thats ok with him

Really going to miss pinfest this year but a family anniversary is much more important than a fun weekend unfortunately, upshot of me not going means most of the irish contingent arent going as im the driver of the hire car each year... oh well, hopefully next year ....

@BigIan Hence my “frowned on” comment. I cleared it with Phil before I posted, was just trying to help out after he posted re people pulling out & Neil’s “won’t be bringing MM, AFM etc” comment.

I think people problem is with people bringing known broken machines along hoping that someone will mark them as faulty and get fixed for free..

I doubt anyone has a problem with you stating its broken but you will bring it if someone can change the switch/fix it for you, saying that im not big phil and i would at least message him and ask if thats ok with him

Really going to miss pinfest this year but a family anniversary is much more important than a fun weekend unfortunately, upshot of me not going means most of the irish contingent arent going as im the driver of the hire car each year... oh well, hopefully next year ....
****ing hell I'd kill for an excuse like pinfest to avoid any family gig!

@BigIan Hence my “frowned on” comment. I cleared it with Phil before I posted, was just trying to help out after he posted re people pulling out & Neil’s “won’t be bringing MM, AFM etc” comment.
Yeah i agree with you, also think for such an iconic machine it would be ok, but again not my call..

Sorry if it came across as negative.. was meant as encouragement to bring your MM even if I’m not going to be there anyhow.

Monster Bash, Medusa, Attack From Mars and Hook added to the list from Matt Vince.

12 of the following are being brought by Matt Vince and will be up for sale. He's checking them over first for condition so don't think he'll be taking requests just yet.

Strikes & Spares
Hook - (already in donation list)
Simpsons (Data East)
Dr Who
Star Trek Next Gen
Spirit
No Good Gofers - (already in donation list)
Flash Gordon
Cobra
Mata Hari
GiGi
Judge Dredd
Bride of Pinbot
Riverboat Gambler
Flash
White Water
Wizard
Fireball
Nitro Ground Shaker
Six Million Dollar Man
Bow & Arrow
Transformers
Spiderman
F14 Tomcat
Genie
Medusa - (already in donation list)
Getaway

Last edited:
Just thought a priority job for me is to take a look of elektra which I'm bringing to pinfest and its being used in the classics comp. First thing I thought was, make the tilt a bit nasty.

Then I discover there is no tilt plumb bob :) - No wonder @HomerRamone used to get such a good score on it. :)

Gonna have to find one pdq.

Boy it is a bit of a tough machine. Ive never got the multiball on it.

Im gonna set it nice and nasty anyway,

Looks like Im suffering from the "bring your machine to a show and it all ****s up just before".

Added the plumb bob tilt mech back in with a new plumb bob, all working fine in testing, then suddenly the sound stops working!!! Never had an issue with the sound until now. Guess that's tomorrows job,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The good thing about Raven is it levels the comp players , a novice has as much chance as a pro.
It can chew you up and spit you out if you are ranked #5 or it's your first ever comp.

Just thought a priority job for me is to take a look of elektra which I'm bringing to pinfest and its being used in the classics comp. First thing I thought was, make the tilt a bit nasty.

Then I discover there is no tilt plumb bob :) - No wonder @HomerRamone used to get such a good score on it. :)

Gonna have to find one pdq.

Boy it is a bit of a tough machine. Ive never got the multiball on it.

Im gonna set it nice and nasty anyway,
My scores were not that good !

I think the weight itself is lying around somewhere - I can send it on of you want it :)

Getting MB is pretty tough. I did it a few times - but not many.

The good thing about Raven is it levels the comp players , a novice has as much chance as a pro.
It can chew you up and spit you out if you are ranked #5 or it's your first ever comp.

So you are basically saying it’s all about luck? Why would you have a game like that in a competition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So you are basically saying it’s all about luck? Why would you have a game like that in a competition?

Raven usually has people riled up after they play it, not before they've played one! :rofl:

Its been used in previous classic comps before without issue, good players see it as a challenge to take on. If its ok to use at Pinburgh, its good enough for Pinfest classics.

Have a try on it Neil, you might blow it up, you might last less than a minute. Either way, Raven usually wins

I didn't recall raven being as brutal as made out here and when I had a couple of games on the one at Pinburgh but I realised it was a typical Gottlieb shatz-spinner game (confession I'm **** at shatzing) (for those wondering what shatzing is ->
) But if your made it so unplayable that good players will be as good as newbies on any game I think you have to question that - but I'll bring some power balls if you are really game ;)

Cheers,
Neil.

It’s been done before.

Back
Top Bottom