What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKPinfest 2019 Machine donation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DRD if we can put the two shadow's near each other ideally in the same place as last year it would be a big help as I'm running another two stall ball competitions (wait until you see the prize for winning !!!!) it will be good to have a back up just in case!

Cheers,
Neil.

Is there any hint as to what games might be in the competition or UK league finals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

With the UK league finals regionally one needs to be in the top 20 players of each meet otherwise it’s pointless!

There are still 4 more meets left of the season though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is it pointless Ben? Should we all give up now?!

There are three meets left for South East. John in May, at Mine in June and Julian’s in July.

Why is it pointless Ben? Should we all give up now?!

There are three meets left for South East. John in May, at Mine in June and Julian’s in July.

All credit to all of us who take part and great fun too! We need some sort of division for those who don’t make the top 20 so that it’s not pointless! Pointless in zero points not pointless for taking part.

Look forward to the one at johns on 26th May!

Remember my performance at the last one came 21st!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for me its about knowing you played as good as you could, if that gets your points then great, if it doesn't it doesn't.

What I hate is when I play poorer than I know I'm capable of.
Yeah it annoys me when i finish bottom when I know that is easily avoidable,

for me its about knowing you played as good as you could, if that gets your points then great, if it doesn't it doesn't.

What I hate is when I play poorer than I know I'm capable of.
That's pinball for ya.

My favourite is when I pick the game, and then proceed to instantly drain all three balls on a machine that I was absolutely destroying.

Is there any hint as to what games might be in the competition or UK league finals?

Each region winner gets the option to pick one game to be in the league finals line-up, same as last year.
So no idea what could be in the finals yet.

Have games been announced for the UK Open yet - which takes place 6 weeks before Pinfest?

All in good time.

Wayne just wondered if they where on the donated list that’s all!

We have a couple of organisations giving us games for UK Open but sadly won’t know what they are until much closer to the time, when it’s 95% certain will share the list!

Wayne just wondered if they where on the donated list that’s all!

For the main comp, the plan is to have:

1 x Reel scoring (EM)
2 x Alpha Numeric display
3/4 x DMD
3/4 x LCD

So that there is a full range of eras represented.

I provisionally have 6 of those machines sorted, but genuinely haven't started looking for likely candidates yet as there are 2 shows in between, and I don't want to take the focus off them.

Hey @bigphil- I would bring BOP as well as travel time, but then I’d need a bigger van, which means I might have to rent, unless someone is coming my way...

@Poibug i might need some pointers on grounding out TT too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom