What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKCS Hangover 31 January

robotgreg

Site Supporter
Alias
Greg
Hi

I'm pleased to announce that like last year we'll be running a separate comp, UKCS Hangover over the weekend of the UKCS Finals of 30, 31 January.

The UKCS finals weekend will be kindly hosted by Peter Blakemore at Special When Lit pinball club in Salisbury. As mentioned before, next year's finals will be up north somewhere subject to finding a willing host.

Registration for the UKCS Hangover comp will open at 10am on Saturday 8 January ie in a few days time. To register please paypal me £10 to robotgreg@yahoo.com (gift friends/family please). There are 20 spaces available as 20 are already reserved for the UKCS finalists.

There are two qualifying times - either any time on Saturday or Sunday morning from 10am to 12.30. We need to finish at this time to allow enough time for the knockout rounds so if planning to do just the Sunday please ensure you arrive early enough to play all your qualifying games .

You'll get to play 8 machines in qualifying and we have an exciting format for the knockout rounds (for top 16 of up to maximum 40 players so a reasonable chance of qualifying) where you should get to play at least 4 games in each round. More details here:
http://www.ukpinballleague.co.uk/uk-series.php

Cheers
Greg

Sounds awesome! I understand Dawn is trying to rearrange the London SE league meet, so hopefully I can attend! Cheers!

Vin

That would be great if she could because I'd hate to miss the first of the year especially as I haven't been to that Brewdog yet.

That said if I get knocked out as quickly as last year then I'll have plenty of time to get back to London in time!

I am pleased to announce that the London and SE league meet has been moved to Sunday 7th February.

Registration is now open for the UKCS Hangover at Special When Lit on 30,31 January. 30 places available. To register please pay £10 to robotgreg@yahoo.com by paypal, gift please ie no fees.

Please note that you can qualify on Sunday 31 January if not playing in the UKCS finals so can do this one comp in just one day. Qualificaton from 10am to 12.30 on the Sunday (UKCS finalists will mostly qualify on Sat 30 Jan).

Cheers
Greg

Just bumping this event. This was a brilliant event last year at Terry's place. For those of you who haven't been to Special when lit, it's an amazing venue with an A list of machines. It will be a brilliant event so make the effort guys, sign up!

Some housekeeping information....

Address: Unit 5, Loyal Trade Business Park, Stephenson Road, Salisbury SP2 7NS.
Map and directions at: http://www.specialwhenlit.co.uk/location.php
Parking is available on site but please park sensibly and with consideration to neighbouring businesses. If full then please park on Stephenson Road or an adjoining road.

The line-up for the UKCS (Sat 30th only) is as follows:
The Simpsons Pinball Party
Transformers Combo LE
Catcus Canyon Continued
Theatre Of Magic
Space Hawks
Pink Panther​
This will be taking place in the first room at Special When Lit.

The second (back) room at Special When Lit will have the following:
The line-up for the Hangover Qualifying (Sat 30 and/or Sun 31st) is as follows:
Attack From Mars
Black Knight
Metallica Master Of The Puppets LE
Monster Bash
Spirit
Terminator 2
Tron:Legacy
Twilight Zone (3rd Magnet Installed)
Whitewater
World Challenge Soccer
WWF Royal Rumble​
Qualifying is on your choice of 8 machines out of the available 12 listed above.

Also in the second room and available to practice on/play are:
Scared Stiff (Arrived with a reset issue (I think it's sorted) but not trusted enough for competition play)​
UKCS Reserve machines:
X-Men Pro
Medieval Madness
Genesis​

All machines listed above will be available for the knockout stage of the Hangover as the UKCS will have finished the day before.

There will be a reduced set of nibbles available (mainly crisps), participants should ensure they have sufficient food for the day.
We will provide the nibbles, tea, coffee and water free of charge.
Any items from the large fridge must be paid for - eg. cans of fizzy drink and chocolate, etc.

Oh and it's not too late to enter the Hangover competition, details on how to on our events page http://www.specialwhenlit.co.uk/events.php

Here's to an excellent weekend of pinball... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Do it guys!! Still plenty of places left for the Hangover, anyone at a loose end this weekend, it's going to be a good one

UKCS Finals to be completed tomorrow - 2 machines played, 4 to play.

Current Standings:
Greg Mott - 6 pts
Richard Mallett - 5 pts
Martin Ayub - 3 pts
Peter Blakemore - 0 pts

UKCS Finals to be completed tomorrow - 2 machines played, 4 to play.

Current Standings:
Greg Mott - 6 pts
Richard Mallett - 5 pts
Martin Ayub - 3 pts
Peter Blakemore - 0 pts

Greg and you musta both had storming last 3 qualifying games then, to make the final.
what was it, top 16> top 8> top 4?

Greg and you musta both had storming last 3 qualifying games then, to make the final.
what was it, top 16> top 8> top 4?

Two events - UKCS Finals unfinished and the Hangover tournament that Greg and I have 3 qualifying games remaining....

Dan is too busy staring at his jiggly boobs to know whats going on ;)

Looking to watching the rest of the final tomorrow morning and hopefully qualify for the Hangover knockout stage

Big thanks as always to Peter and moira for a great fun weekend of pinball. Got to put a few more faces to names this time. Good to meet you all..... Hope those of you travelling all got home safely...particularly Ian ( by the way Ian are you related to an Ann walmsley?) Jack had flu so he was gutted ( hee hee means I had a good chance to beat the lad!) well done martin on the win. And rich too... Awesome skills.....:thumbs::wave::)

Last edited:
Brilliant weekend, thanks for all the support guys, great response to the whole weekend which is awesome to see. Some brilliant performances of note.

Martin Ayub had an absolute stormer, taking home both wins in the UKCS Finals and the Hangover, showing just how he has managed to be the best player in the UK for such a long time.

Rich Mallet really stepped up, showing how much he has progressed and making both finals!

Oscar, Tim and Tony made it through loads of the early rounds with consistently strong play which was awesome to see.

Huge thanks to Greg for all of his organisation and Peter and Moira for being brilliant hosts. Here's to this years season and finals which will hopefully be held up North,

Cheers, Craig

Big thanks as always to Peter and moira for a great fun weekend of pinball. Got to put a few more faces to names this time. Good to meet you all..... Hope those of you travelling all got home safely...particularly Ian ( by the way Ian are you related to an Ann walmsley?) Jack had flu so he was gutted ( hee hee means I had a good chance to beat the lad!) well done martin on the win. And rich too... Awesome skills.....:thumbs::wave::)

Cheers Keith, am home now, absolutely goosed :rofl:And no, not related to an Ann :)

Awesome weekend of pinball, well done to the winners and massive thanks again to Greg, Craig and Peter for organising and hosting. Lovely to see such a lineup of machines in such good condition and playing as well as they did.

Good curry and beers on Saturday night with Tim, Rowan and Tony and also thanks to Vin for bringing the beers too, you're a legend and my official coach from now on ;)

And sorry to Greg again for the very lucky way I got the final qualifying place for the Hangover, cheque is in the post to Neil :oops:

Last edited:
I already posted some thanks on fb but I'll just repeat my gratitude for the effort that everyone made for this series and weekend. Peter and Moira looked after everyone and SPL provided a great selection of games to play and despite the usual smattering of mechanical issues all played brilliantly. Greg and Craig did a great job running the show and again, Well done to Martin, Rich, Greg and Peter on the wins.

Any chance on a quick final position table? I'm just not sure where everyone finished beyond the top 4.

Not sure of 2-4th, joint 5th was Ivan and Keith, joint 7th was me and Wayne. Joint 9th was Nick, Andrew, Peter and Dan.

Just for you Tim:

UKCS Finals:
1 Martin Ayub
2 Rich Mallett
3 Greg Mott
4 Peter Blakemore
5 Craig Pullen
6 Wayne Johns
7 Matt Vince
8 Tim Thornton
9 Ivan Miles
10 David Mainwaring
11 Oscar Evrenos
12 Vin Jauhal
13 Nick Marshall
14 Andrew Wilson
15 Tony Smith
16 Ian Walmsley
17 Rowan Salger
18 Paul Owen
19 Kate Morris
20 Thomas Evrenos

Many thanks to Peter and Moira for hosting and to everyone who made it a fun and enjoyable weekend.

Congrats to Martin on the double and to Rich for making both finals and making it a close UKCS final. Also very well done to Oscar, Tony and Tim , long time survivors!

Here's also the results of the UKCS Hangover:
1 Martin Ayub
2 Craig Pullen
3 David Mainwaring
4 Rich Mallett
5 Ivan Miles
5 Keith Burden
7 Wayne Johns
7 Ian Walmsley
9 Dan Williams
10 Andrew Wilson
10 Nick Marshall
10 Peter Blakemore
13 Greg Mott
14 Kate Morris
15 Thomas Evrenos
16 Matt Vince
16 Oscar Evrenos
18 Vin Jauhal
19 Neil Fellender
20 Jack Burden
21 Rowan Salger
22 Don Gauld
23 Tony Smith
24 Tim Thornton
25 Paul Owen

Cheers
Greg

PS No worries Ian!:)

Cheers Greg. I suppose you had to post the Hangover results too... [hangs head in shame]

Back
Top Bottom