What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKCS 2017

robotgreg

Site Supporter
Alias
Greg
Hi

Here's the updated and final standings for UKCS for 2017. Congrats to all who made the top 20 and qualify although in practice there's usually spaces available up to low 30s.

Dan Lewell has kindly agreed to take over running of UKCS so will announce shortly plans for the finals.

Cheers
Greg

Attachments

• UKCS 2017.xlsx
    130.9 KB · Views: 71
LOUD SWEARING HAS ENSUED AS I REALISED I'M RANK 21

Bloody hell, if only I'd managed to show up to another tourney at the end of year...

I wouldn't worry as historically we've gone down to around 30 or more to fill the 20 spaces so at 21 I'd say you're almost guaranteed in.

How do the events get selected for qualification?

Cheers,
Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So the finals for the UKCS will be on 10th of Feb at Flip Out Pinball club in London.

Unit 10, James Industrial Estate, Mill Lane, Croydon, CR0 4AA

They have approx 40 machines set up and there will be a side competition running alongside the UKCS finals to give people something to do whilst waiting for the UKCS finals games to complete, or if they get knocked out of the UKCS finals early on.

I'll be contacting the qualifiers (and those on the reserve list) with the details shortly.

So the finals for the UKCS will be on 10th of Feb at Flip Out Pinball club in London.

Unit 10, James Industrial Estate, Mill Lane, Croydon, CR0 4AA

They have approx 40 machines set up and there will be a side competition running alongside the UKCS finals to give people something to do whilst waiting for the UKCS finals games to complete, or if they get knocked out of the UKCS finals early on.

I'll be contacting the qualifiers (and those on the reserve list) with the details shortly.
Just a note to say the the side comp is fully open to anyone and everyone!

Last edited:
Congrats on 1st @Matt Vince , a strong finish to the season did for me.

I'll just have to be content in qualifying 2nd, and finishing 5th - that seems to be the pattern over the last few years for me.

Sorry to mother but is there any update about finals going out soon? A few of us have not heard anything yet and could do with knowing so we can plan out the trip.

Thanks

Yeah, sorry, ill send the emails out later tonight.

Long and short of it, if your in the top 20 you've got a place. It's 10th feb at flip out in London, starting at 10:30.

There will be a side comp open to all as well.

Hoping to complete on the day, but people travelling further afield have loads of options round there to stay over if they want, and a revisit to flip out the next day will be on the cards for most.

Last edited:
The side competition is an unlimited entry comp (each entry is a set of 5 games from a choice of 8). The top 16 will qualify for the final on the day, there will be trophies and prizes including for all juiors that participate.

Doors on the day open at 11am, details of how to get to club are here: www.flipoutlondon.com

Results for the UKCS Finals. Well done Greg on the win. :clap:

Final Result

1 Greg Mott
2 Nick Marshall
3 Andrew Foster
4 Tom Fletcher UK
5 Rich Mallett
6 David Mainwaring
7 Matt Vince
8 Wayne Johns
9 Peter Blakemore
10 Ian Walmsley
11 Chris Poyntz
12 David Dutton
13 Tim Thornton
14 Mike Kindler
15 Vin Jauhal
16 Leo Marshall
17 Dan Lewell
18 Nick Hamill
19 Nick Baxter-Sibley
20 Paul Brookfield

Well done to Greg on the win and the other 3 finalists and also to Chris for getting through so many rounds before going out on that absolutely insane game of WCS!

Thanks to Matt for hosting and Dan for organising, the venue was superb and well worth the journey darn sarf

Back
Top Bottom