What's new

UK Pinburgh?

Tim Thornton

Registered
I've never organised any kind of league meet or pinball competition of any sort so this is purely speculative and I'd love to hear from those that have experience in this area.

As a player that has never qualified to the head to head stages of any competition I envy the setup that Pinburgh has where you are "guaranteed match play for two full days for each and every participating player, regardless of skill level"*. I would love to play at Pinburgh but it's a bit too far away/expensive. I would like to go to one. However, I was wondering if there was a possibility of having something more along those lines hosted in the UK. Obviously it doesn't have to be the same grand scale but it might be nice for those of us that play our 6 chosen qualifying machines for 3 or 4 minutes each with no one watching then get knocked out and watch the same top 50 or so guys have all the fun.

So I'm just putting it out there as an idea so I'd like to hear what are the things that would make this really difficult that I have totally failed to realise. I'm assuming there are lots of reasons. I'm hoping thought that we might be able to overcome them and have out very own epic competition in the next year or so.

Any thoughts?

* http://papa.org/pinburgh2013/howitworks.php

Back
Top Bottom