What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK Pinball Party 2014 - Put your pics and thoughts here!!

I was gonna say, he brought 9 others that AFAIK worked flawlessly over the whole weekend...

In fact, I'm fairly sure that he thought it was working, since he was looking forward to setting it up and having a game!

I was gonna say, he brought 9 others that AFAIK worked flawlessly over the whole weekend...

In fact, I'm fairly sure that he thought it was working, since he was looking forward to setting it up and having a game!
It probably was working but being an old Bally has no free play and probably a default credit limit of 40. It probably just ran dry and without keys or a contact number no one could ask for more credits. And those who did know whose machine it was were probably really busy fixing or organising this, that and the other to notice.

I noticed on at least one pin an insert card from NLP for their show with a message that basically said "This is pin X. If it isn't working let us know." I know some are brave enough to leave the keys (a lot of pins at SCS were like this - I re-credited a lot of non-freeplay pins manually by opening the door and flicking the coin switches) but maybe this is an health and safety as well as security issue. Some owners leave a mobile number to txt them if there's a problem. I'd do that if I was loaning pins.

Easy for me to sit here on the sidelines and shout advice! Hopefully next year I'll have 2, maybe 3, pins of my own to bring and I can suggest doing something useful like numbering all the pins and organising a central "help desk" or doing floor-walking rounds to spot faults :D

Regarding the 6M$M, it wasn't Steve Paget's, and Andy N didn't know who it belonged to, and had no key for it either. Just so annoying having a fully working game sitting there unplayable when it could easily been kept credited up by the owner.
I kept my Harlem Globetrotters topped up with credits over the weekend. The owner could also have set up a low replay value of 10,000 points like a lot of the older Ballys were to keep the game playing.

It probably was working but being an old Bally has no free play and probably a default credit limit of 40. It probably just ran dry and without keys or a contact number no one could ask for more credits. And those who did know whose machine it was were probably really busy fixing or organising this, that and the other to notice.

I noticed on at least one pin an insert card from NLP for their show with a message that basically said "This is pin X. If it isn't working let us know." I know some are brave enough to leave the keys (a lot of pins at SCS were like this - I re-credited a lot of non-freeplay pins manually by opening the door and flicking the coin switches) but maybe this is an health and safety as well as security issue. Some owners leave a mobile number to txt them if there's a problem. I'd do that if I was loaning pins.

Easy for me to sit here on the sidelines and shout advice! Hopefully next year I'll have 2, maybe 3, pins of my own to bring and I can suggest doing something useful like numbering all the pins and organising a central "help desk" or doing floor-walking rounds to spot faults :D
I take it you have not been to one of the NLP shows ?
Why not pledge your machine/s to us and see how well our system works.
Or if you can't loan a machine this time round then come along anyway and see for yourself how our system works so well.

Reactions: JMP
I take it you have not been to one of the NLP shows ?
Why not pledge your machine/s to us and see how well our system works.
Or if you can't loan a machine this time round then come along anyway and see for yourself how our system works so well.
No, I haven't been to NLP yet! Only been into pinball since March last year. I do like the look of PLAY.EXPO as I'm into arcade video games too as well as modern video games (All gens of Nintendo, PS3 and PC) and I'm sure my game-head 10-year old son would love it. It's just a bit of a trek for us softie Southerners so requires the expense of hotels etc. Might try to convince my wife for next year to do a long weekend in Manchester. We can all come (I have wannabe game-head 6-year old daughter too) and do a day or two soaking up the other cultural delights Manchester has to offer. I'm ashamed to admit I've never been before!

Full throttle.....congratulations to Andy and his team :clap:ok the game had its issues and things didn't run as smoothly as perhaps was intended , but it's a pinball machine and a pinball machine designed and built here in the UK , it's an incredible achievement and one that Andy and his team should be immensely proud of. :thumbs:

I played It and I was genuinely surprised , for one I have to admit that I didn't think they could pull it off , I wanted to and hoped that they could and I believe they did, I also believe that perhaps a few more weeks of fine tuning and tinkering would have ironed out the issues that hampered the game. I felt it played fast , I enjoyed the skill shot feature having to rev and plunge in the redline to get the skill shot, the music was good and I liked the placement of the display.

The theme does nothing for me at all , however I was pretty vocal at my utter disgust and hatred of Woz and would rather have flossed my teeth with alan sysons underpants than played that crime against pinball.... Well I bought an EMClE the other day and embarrassingly :oops: I love it, really really love it like the best machine ever kinda love, but I will cover that in a few weeks as I don't want to be to hasty, so confused as to how this could have happened :-o

So it's kinda unfair to dismiss a game based on the theme alone. Also I feel now , that when Heighway pinball decide to announce the second machine , and if this turns out to be for example a licensed game that you like, then Andy and his team have proved that they can build and produce pinballs and I for one have confidence in Heighway pinball as a pinball manufacturer.:)

Good work and best of luck with getting the game out there now

Cheers
Will

The theme does nothing for me at all , however I was pretty vocal at my utter disgust and hatred of Woz and would rather have flossed my teeth with alan sysons underpants than played that crime against pinball.... Well I bought an EMClE the other day and embarrassingly :oops: I love it, really really love it like the best machine ever kinda love, but I will cover that in a few weeks as I don't want to be to hasty, so confused as to how this could have happened :-o

So it's kinda unfair to dismiss a game based on the theme alone. Also I feel now , that when Heighway pinball decide to announce the second machine , and if this turns out to be for example a licensed game that you like, then Andy and his team have proved that they can build and produce pinballs and I for one have confidence in Heighway pinball as a pinball manufacturer.:)

Good work and best of luck with getting the game out there now

Cheers
Will

I played your WOZ the week before you bought it and felt exactly the same, I previously had no interest in it at all but finally playing it with next to finished software I was blown away. Definitely the best looking machine ever.

The system at nlp in Manchester works really well myself n poibug walk miles up and down the rows of game s all weekend putting on credits and fixing breakdowns,out of of well over a 100 machines last year only I think 3 were off all weekend and those 3 were brought as non workers!!

Back
Top Bottom