What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK Pinball Party 2014 - Put your pics and thoughts here!!

Spent the first 4 hours buying stuff and catching up with people. Might actually have to play some pinball now...

party1.JPG
party2.JPG
party3.JPG party4.JPG party5.JPG party6.JPG party7.JPG party8.JPG

Didn't get to play it, however it certainly does look good!! :)

Had to giggle that they couldn't fit it through the door without taking the Levellers off!!

Last edited:
Looks good apart from that really square lockdown bar which I found hurt my hands last year and hasn't changed by the look of it. Anyone played it?

Still not really a fan of that cabinet design. Love the lit side art, but the rest of it just looks so... boxy. Hope a game or two tomorrow will sell me on it though :D

It did look very good today. Some things still to be ironed out on it by the looks of it - slingshot alignment i heard mentioned and also stronger flippers needed as one ramp looked quite steep with shots struggling to get up it.

Overall though very nice. Speakers sounded great with nice bass. Colour changing LED's gave off some very effects as well.

Didn't get to play it as there was a fair queue and had to leave.

Found it strange it wasn't set up ready to play though until later in the afternoon.

Not a fan. Felt clunky and wasn't really sure what shots i was supposed to make. Bit disappointing for a brand new game.

Have they fitted the faster motors to the spinning discs/wheels now that should make them move the ball more?

Have they fitted the faster motors to the spinning discs/wheels now that should make them move the ball more?
Not yet mate. But it's happening very soon apparently. They will spin 5x times faster with the new motors.

What a ruddy brilliant day it was, my first and for certain not my last Pinball Party. Was nice to meet some of you there and play some tables I've never seen in person before. Stern Wheel of Fortune was a highlight, really liked that table. Daz's Flintstones was still really nice and my missus favourite table of the day.

As expected made a complete hash of the open, last I looked was in the dizzying heights of 130th place, oh well, live and learn :rofl:

One negative and I hoped this wouldn't happen at the UKPP like it does at Play but will people firstly stop playing 4 player modes when playing a table solo, respect others wanting to play it after (eg stop hogging it) and worst of all, don't leave a game 1 ball into a 4 player mode meaning someone else has to finish it off. Doubt anyone here is guilty of these but it really winds me up.

A tip for others too, the Ibis in Rugby was only £35 for the night and only 10 minutes drive away, was a decent stay for the money.

Anyway rant over, nice job to the organisers and roll on next year (after tomorrow of course).

they couldn't fit it through the door without taking the Levellers off!!

Surely the head folds down. Please tell me the team knew that, but just didn't have the tool handy - was it a latch like on BWS or a rotating hex like on Sterns?

Has the Heighwayman lost a load of weight btw? He looked more slimline in a couple of pics I saw. Who won the Open?

I went along to the party as a potential purchaser of Full Throttle and came away disappointed. The playfield looked great, but the weak flippers made the feel of the game rather disappointing. The cabinet is the biggest negative, especially the backbox. I couldn't help comparing it to the attractive look of the Mustang cabinet, which is also at the party,

...One negative and I hoped this wouldn't happen at the UKPP like it does at Play but will people firstly stop playing 4 player modes when playing a table solo, respect others wanting to play it after (eg stop hogging it) and worst of all, don't leave a game 1 ball into a 4 player mode meaning someone else has to finish it off

Afraid you'll see this to some degree at any event. Its more ignorance than malice generally so not a lot you can do about it.

Definately less machines than last year. As always at the UKPP you have to wait to get on the tables compared to the PlayExpo where theres more tables and less chance of queuing.

Well, another has been and gone (The 5th i do believe)... Whats your thoughts and what did you like/dislike???

Here's Heighway Pinball CEO Andrew Heighway getting rather wet, and raising some money for charity :)

And there's a space here waiting for the TYHO video...

Reactions: JT.
less machines than last year, less top titles for the public area, quite a lot of machines not working,, first time that iv`e seen a safe cracker which was good to see

good day out ,but less machines than last year, liked the usual suspects, family guy, lotr etc, thought the new mustang game from stern was a waste of a cabinet:(

I had a good time, although this time round I had a totally different agenda. Last time was my first show so then I was trying to get in as many games as I could on all the different machines. This time was more about meeting up with people and catching up (Ok, ok I also bought a small amount of possibly-not-totally-neccesary items to bling out some of my machines...). On both occasions I had a good time.

There seemed to be a lot more EMs and older pre-DMD machines, which is not my thing particularly, but I thought it was good to give a broader selection for those who do like the older machines.

Can't comment on the meal and talk on Sat evening though - I went into town for a chinese instead :)

Rog

Had a great time, met lots of people, bought a few things. Took a few snaps on my phone (tried to get above so you could see more):

i.imgur.com_ZMxqhSE.jpg
i.imgur.com_HEyL3Ex.jpg i.imgur.com_LvnaMLZ.jpg i.imgur.com_acGzAP6.jpg i.imgur.com_k1I4Q1o.jpg

Also who owns this ultra eye catching F-14? I have many questions about it!

i.imgur.com_Cb7N16A.jpg

All in all really enjoyed it, looking forward to next year!

Well... what can I say about this years UKPP....

It was my first year entering the 'open' tournament and I placed 88th (if anyone has a list / link to the final results that would be good) and my brother placed 100 so all in all a result. I would have liked to have been a little higher up the table, but after watching Luc R get 1.9b on High Speed and Wayne Johns getting 1.2b on STTNG I knew that I'd have to practise a lot more and attend some of the league events to even get a chance to challenge for the playoffs.

As for the feel of the party... I think last year had more tables and less tables out of action but I still had a blast and enjoyed many tables.. kinda liked Class of 1812 and ToM. Couldn't resist playing the 2 TAF'S at the party and thinking what I will do to mine.. Whoever, had the TAF with the LED'S and the standard screen it rocked and I loved it.

I'll def be back next year and thinking of making it a family affair for the whole weekend and entering most of the tournaments. I would still love to see a group of people shop a machine over the weekend (obviously dependant on the state of the machine), but showing people / esp new pinball owners etc how to do the 'basics' or 'advanced' maintenance live in action rather than YouTube or reading a forum (which I'm all in favour of).

Have fun all

Noel

Only managed to get down for the Sunday, but still had a good time catching up with friends. Really enjoyed seeing Safecracker, and Jim's home brew creation (High Voltage was it?) was absolutely amazing. What a talented chap he is :)

Full Throttle still frustratingly disappointing for me. I really want to love it, and the playfield layout shoots so nicely, but ...

I was second in line to play it. The chap playing at the time got a ball hangup on a plastic on the left (which when you look at it seems a really obvious hangup area). He gave up and walked away.
Waited patiently for Janos to free it, then the lady playing next managed to get two balls into the kickout. Coil didn't seem to have strength to kick them out.. She gave up and walked away.
Janos free'd that up for my game. On my second ball I plunged up to the pop bumpers, and immediately got the ball jammed between pop and adjacent plastic.

So many niggly issues like that in a game so close to production is worrying. Really want this (and Heighway's venture in general) to be a success, but .. eek.

Also not really a fan of the aesthetics of the cab. Not sure how the backbox 'folds', if at all? Playfield glass 'system' looked.. weird, how it came off with rails intact. Not sure what that's all about either.

Thoroughly enjoyable show i thought. Number of machines fitted the space well. Easy and relaxing setup and tear down. Good times with all the northern crew. All top blokes :)

Nice to dust off the High Voltage and give it an outing to and talk about it. Not done that for a long time. Also got me thinking about the rules and how to play it. Took me awhile to remember!

Back
Top Bottom