What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK Pinball Party 2014 - Complete List of Games for Sunday 31st August

Nedreud

Registered
Based on the photos I took on the day (and a little help from @Moonraker) here's my:

DEFINITIVE LIST OF PINBALL MACHINES - UK PINBALL PARTY 2014 - SUNDAY 31st AUGUST

There were four rows of games occupying the main area of the hall in two lines back-to-back. I've numbered the rows 1 to 4 from left to right looking down the hall from the main entrance. The "Main Stand" is the area next to the ticket desk and feature the big ticket game(s) of the year. The "Competition Area" is at the back of the hall by the stage.

MAIN STAND
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Heighway FULL THROTTLE

ROW 1
Bally WORLD CUP SOCCER

Williams NO FEAR: DANGEROUS SPORTS
Bally THE SHADOW
Williams NO FEAR: DANGEROUS SPORTS
Stern MUSTANG pinballheaven.co.uk promo stand
Williams CONGO
Williams THE FLINSTONES
Gottlieb FRANK THOMAS' BIG HURT
Bally PARAGON
Bally MYSTIC
Williams F-14 TOMCAT
Bally FLASH GORDON
Zaccaria AEROBATICS
Bally THE SHADOW
Williams DEFENDER
Zaccaria COMBAT
Williams THE MACHINE: BRIDE OF PIN·BOT
Bally CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON

ROW 2
Williams JOKERZ!

Williams PIN·BOT
Williams POLICE FORCE
Bally THE ADDAMS FAMILY
Williams BLACK KNIGHT 2000
myPinballs HIGH VOLTAGE Custom homebrew by @myPinballs
Bally SAFE CRACKER For sale £4000
Stern SPIDER-MAN
Stern WHEEL OF FORTUNE
Stern FAMILY GUY
Stern SPIDER-MAN
Stern LORD OF THE RINGS
Stern TRANSFORMERS (PRO)
Williams WHIRLWIND
Bally WIZARD! No credits?
Bally CAPT. FANTASTIC AND THE BROWN DIRT COWBOY Not working?
Bally HARLEM GLOBETROTTERS ON TOUR
Stern METEOR Switched off
Bally THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN No credits?

ROW 3
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Bally PLAYBOY For sale £1000?
Bally DOLLY PARTON
Bally CENTAUR
Zaccaria HOT WHEELS
Stern PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN
Williams EARTHSHAKER! For sale £750
Data East LAST ACTION HERO
Williams STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION
Williams STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION
Williams WHITE WATER
Bally SCARED STIFF
Williams STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION Switched off
Williams MAGIC CITY
MarsaPlay NEW CANASTA Switched off and backbox folded down
Bally MOUSIN' AROUND!
Bally WORLD CUP SOCCER
Williams FUNHOUSE
Williams THE GETAWAY: HIGH SPEED II

ROW 4

Gottlieb BLACK HOLE For sale £800
Gottlieb HAUNTED HOUSE For sale £1500
Bally FLASH GORDON
Bally RADICAL For sale £600
Bally THE ADDAMS FAMILY
Data East ROBOCOP
Data East STAR WARS
Data East PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
Williams ROLLERGAMES
Williams TERMINATOR 2: JUDGEMENT DAY Switched off
Bally POOL SHARKS
Gottlieb BUCK ROGERS
Stern FAMILY GUY
Williams BLACK KNIGHT 2000
Zaccaria CIRCUS
Stern DRACULA
Zaccaria AEROBATICS
Bally FLASH GORDON
Stern LORD OF THE RINGS For sale £2800
Zaccaria NAUTILUS

COMPETITION AREA
Zaccaria SPACE SHUTTLE

Bally EIGHT BALL DELUXE
Bally MOUSIN' AROUND!
Data East TIME MACHINE For sale £800
Bally EMBRYON Wrong cabinet?
Gottlieb CLASS OF 1812 For sale £800
Bally BLACK JACK
Bally MR & MRS PAC-MAN
Bally THEATRE OF MAGIC
Williams MONSTER BASH
Williams FISH TALES
Williams THE GETAWAY: HIGH SPEED II
Williams HURRICANE
Stern IRON MAN Switched off (Reserve)
Williams JACK·BOT Kids high score game

OTHER
Stern STAR TREK (ENTERPRISE LE)
Next to colorDMD shop stand. @I TiltAlot
Bally THE ADDAMS FAMILY Folded up in corner end of row 1
Gottlieb DEVIL'S DARE D.O.A. @pinballmania

And for those interested in the breakdown by manufacturers I count:

Bally 31

Data East 5
Gottlieb 6
Heighway 1
MarsaPlay 1
myPinballs 1
Stern 14

Williams 28
Zaccaria 7

TOTAL 94

I believe there were only 4 pins dead all day (METEOR, NEW CANASTA, JOKERZ! and TERMINATOR 2: JUDGEMENT DAY) although IRON MAN was also off all day as it was the competition reserve (anyone gagging to play it can catch it in its current home at Special When Lit in Salisbury). According to @pinballmania DEVIL'S DARE was DOA and was pulled Saturday morning. Some pins were intermittent: WIZARD! and THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN both appeared to be out of credits, CAPT. FANTASTIC AND THE BROWN DIRT COWBOY was opened up for repairs for a while as was one of the FLASH GORDON pins, NAUTILUS was off for a while at the beginning, 1 x STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION I think passed out near the end and DEFENDER seemed to be "having a senior moment" every now and then. Of the 23 pins I played only PARAGON wasn't in good working order. All-in-all a very reliable collection of pins especially considering how old some of them are!

I am, of course, only human and prone to making mistakes. Please ping me if I've made any errors or omissions, or if there are any interesting notes you'd like added. If any owners are here on pinballinfo.com and they'd like their pins tagging just let me know?

Last edited:
The Star Trek LE was Keith's @I TiltAlot rather than colourDMD.com shop although I think it ended up demoing a colour DMD.

They tried getting the New Castana working before the show floor opened (I think on both days) but failed in their efforts.

There was also a folded TAF next to the competition machines which arrived without a "thing" fitted. It was suppose to be in the main tournament but was dragged away to have the hand fitted. This was persumably replaced and returned to the show floor possibly on Saturday. It was also supposed to be in the league finals but it was never powered up as no prior knowledge of its working condition meaning too big a risk.

Friday / Saturday also had Devil's Dare but I'm not sure if it was played before being sold - @pinballmania may be able to say.

Devils dare died on arrival and was removed to the corridor of shame before opening on Saturday. T2 was DOA too, but managed to fix it for all of Sunday and was fine thereafter. Jokerz was intermittent fri and sat, but with a new power bridge installed worked fine all day Sunday, so much so that it didn't really want to go home.

Could of got TAF working had I known as could have just disabled thing for use on floor.

Didn't know who owned 6M$ and had no keys.

STTNG broke an important divertor and could not be repaired.

Could of done with another 10-15 machines, but I'm afraid it's mainly the same old faces bringing pins, and little new blood stepping up to the plate. If just 10-15 people brought 1 pin each, it might just be enough to make up the numbers.

Could of done with another 10-15 machines, but I'm afraid it's mainly the same old faces bringing pins, and little new blood stepping up to the plate. If just 10-15 people brought 1 pin each, it might just be enough to make up the numbers.

I thought the amount of games was ok given the space as i like a gap between games otherwise if can feel a bit hemmed in, but i agree that it would be nice to see new people bringing games and helping the rest of us out :)

I think its more to do with if you do bring a pin, you still have to pay to play the bloomin' thing. It should be free entry when you bring a pin.

True and that's the direction its heading so the reward structure needs addressing, something like what they do with the nlp for example.

I think its more to do with if you do bring a pin, you still have to pay to play the bloomin' thing. It should be free entry when you bring a pin.
I asked Andy H. about this at the beginning of the year. Why not give donators free entry for each day their pin is on the floor? But given that he pays £16 for each pin whereas a weekend ticket is £25 at the the simplest level that'd be ~100 * £9, or Andy being about another grand out of pocket. I bet that conference hall costs at least a thousand per day to hire. You can see where this is heading...

I know secretly we'd all love to see the finance books for this event, but my guess is the final total is most likely to be in the red for Heighway. Hopefully it's a fair price for them in terms of kudos, respect and PR.

I thought the amount of games was ok given the space as i like a gap between games otherwise if can feel a bit hemmed in, but i agree that it would be nice to see new people bringing games and helping the rest of us out :)
I wanted to bring VECTOR, but alas, my wife decided the Saturday would be the perfect day for my daughters birthday party... 2 weeks in advance! As it was, it did turn out to be a lovely day and I wouldn't miss my daughters birthday for anything - not even pinball ;)

Next year I hope we get plenty of notice (next week would be good) regarding the dates, that way I can totally block-book the whole weekend. I would love to load up a van with VECTOR, my restored PARAGON and maybe even a working GOLD BALL :D

I couldn't make it this year as it clashed with my 40th birthday bash.

I'm hoping to get along next year and if I do then i'd certainly be interested in bringing Rocky & Bullwinkle along, if only to show it off once it's been restored and polished to within an inch of it's life. To be honest I was surprised there wasn't one in the list above.

WRONG HAT!!!

I know secretly we'd all love to see the finance books for this event, but my guess is the final total is most likely to be in the red for Heighway. Hopefully it's a fair price for them in terms of kudos, respect and PR.

Sorry, but there is no way he would do it if he was going to be out of pocket.

Sorry, but there is no way he would do it if he was going to be out of pocket.

Hmm... Not Necessarilly... Look at the PINBALL exposure for a new PINBALL company trying to promote the selling of new PINBALL machines. All those potential customers in one place...

Also Andy used to buy and sell older machines - He isnt daft :) He knows that some will be looking to shift on older machines to buy his, hence the show has hidden benefits...

That's exactly what I said prior to the show - come on folks, step up. These machines were created to be played!

I asked Andy H. about this at the beginning of the year. Why not give donators free entry for each day their pin is on the floor? But given that he pays £16 for each pin whereas a weekend ticket is £25 at the the simplest level that'd be ~100 * £9, or Andy being about another grand out of pocket. I bet that conference hall costs at least a thousand per day to hire. You can see where this is heading...

Next year I hope we get plenty of notice (next week would be good) regarding the dates, that way I can totally block-book the whole weekend. I would love to load up a van with VECTOR, my restored PARAGON and maybe even a working GOLD BALL :D

I bet he gets the hall for nothing, given that he sells out the hotel rooms for the weekend.

Once upon a time, everyone brought machines for free and felt it was their duty, but times have changed...

but times have changed...

And pin prices have risen dramatically... people didn't mind bringing a pin that cost less than £1k for the public to use (and in somecases abuse, thankfully few and far between but it has been seen over the years). When show first started pretty much every A list pin fitted in that category, only the newer titles off the production line were over the £1k mark. I don't think that has changed much in that people are happy to supply a sub £1k pin but with the price rises that now just leaves most of the classics and a few DMD's. As always there is the odd exception such as Keith bringing Star Trek LE (and his Tron LE last year) and Steve bringing Transformers and ToM.

According to my records the largest pin contributors were:
Andy N (16)
Andy H (15)
Steve P (10)
John/Rob/Mark (10)
Terry S (6?)
Andy F (6)
Jim A (6)
Martin A (5)
Matt V (5)
Adrian D (5)

Appologies to anyone if that list is wrong or I've missed someone out.

Transportation of pins also remains an issue - I think the Villa Park and Early Wicksteed shows had certain friendly lorry drivers collecting/returning pins all over the country just before/after the shows. Plus the cost of fuel for doing something like this has shot up dramatically in recent years.

Back
Top Bottom