What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK Events Diary 2022

Jul
Fri 1st/Sun 3rd - Swavesey @Pinballsurgery
Sat 16th/Sun 17th - NERG - @Big Phil

Sun 19th - UK Pinball League London & SE
Hi @Wayne J

Just putting dates in my diary, so thanks for this really helpful post of the various events.

I have a query regarding the London and SE entry - should that read Sun 17th (as 19th is a Tuesday)?

Thanks.

SWL jubilee weekend 3rd & 4th June

EPC, Boras, Sweden 20th - 23rd October

Hi @Wayne J - a quick question if I may as I have not been involved before:

How do the UK pinball league finals work on Saturday at Daventry? How many games will there be and how are these games selected?

winners of each league chose a game and have to bring it or chose from what's available at the show. I think matt will pick Gigi :D There is 6 games, its a best off played in 4 player groups, top 6 qualify, top 2 get bye to final, bottom 4 play elimination - then top 4 play for position.

winners of each league chose a game and have to bring it or chose from what's available at the show. I think matt will pick Gigi :D There is 6 games, its a best off played in 4 player groups, top 6 qualify, top 2 get bye to final, bottom 4 play elimination - then top 4 play for position.
Thanks for the explanation @Neil McRae. Looking forward to it

Hi @Wayne J - a quick question if I may as I have not been involved before:

How do the UK pinball league finals work on Saturday at Daventry? How many games will there be and how are these games selected?
Pretty much what Neil said.

If you win your region, you get to BRING a game to be entered in the final. If you can't bring one, previously you were able to pick one from the floor, if the owner agreed.
I might try and choose games with duplicates if you forfeit your choice by not bringing a machine
(The thinking behind the original choice was that it would encourage people to bring a machine to rhe show.)

Both A and B finals run the same.

First there is a standard league style format on the 6 machines, with players grouped with someone from a different region.

Top 2 progress straight to the final.

Next 4 qualifiers play a 4 player game, chosen by the player who finished 3rd, top 2 progress to final.

Final is over 3 games, PAPA style scoring, with the top 3 qualifiers choosing a game.

The UK League may not have the largest financial prize (£0.00 to be exact) but it remains as being the comp with the most entrants in the UK, the comp which requires the most games played to win, and the most venues required.20220723_213058.jpgIt is also a large number of peoples first experience of competitive pinball. It is without doubt the friendliest and most welcoming competition in the UK.

Plus it had the most trophies awarded, and likely the tallest!

Pretty much what Neil said.

If you win your region, you get to BRING a game to be entered in the final. If you can't bring one, previously you were able to pick one from the floor, if the owner agreed.
I might try and choose games with duplicates if you forfeit your choice by not bringing a machine
(The thinking behind the original choice was that it would encourage people to bring a machine to rhe show.)

Both A and B finals run the same.

First there is a standard league style format on the 6 machines, with players grouped with someone from a different region.

Top 2 progress straight to the final.

Next 4 qualifiers play a 4 player game, chosen by the player who finished 3rd, top 2 progress to final.

Final is over 3 games, PAPA style scoring, with the top 3 qualifiers choosing a game.

The UK League may not have the largest financial prize (£0.00 to be exact) but it remains as being the comp with the most entrants in the UK, the comp which requires the most games played to win, and the most venues required.View attachment 176493It is also a large number of peoples first experience of competitive pinball. It is without doubt the friendliest and most welcoming competition in the UK.

Plus it had the most trophies awarded, and likely the tallest!
Thanks for the detailed summary Wayne.

Sounds like it will be a great finish to the UK league and a packed Pinfest weekend ahead!

@Telboy asked me to leave him a date for December - only 17th/18th remain - So you ought to pencil that in for him...

8th October - Interclub Teams, Special When Lit, Salisbury.
9th October - The "Not Another Birthday Tournament" Tournament, Special When Lit, Salisbury.

26th/27th November - The Festive Pinball Gathering, Special When Lit, Salisbury.

Dec
Sat 5th - 5th Birthday - Pinball Republic - Croydon - @Matt Vince
Sun 6th - Pingolf - Pinball Republic - Croydon - @Matt Vince

5th Dec is a Monday.

I assume this is actually Sat 3rd and Sun 4th December?

@Telboy asked me to leave him a date for December - only 17th/18th remain - So you ought to pencil that in for him...

8th October - Interclub Teams, Special When Lit, Salisbury.
9th October - The "Not Another Birthday Tournament" Tournament, Special When Lit, Salisbury.

26th/27th November - The Festive Pinball Gathering, Special When Lit, Salisbury.
I guess I'm doing the Xmas Cracker on the 17th then? :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom