What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TZ - removing mini playfield

Durzel

Registered
I’m toying with the idea of changing the rubbers on my TZ for Titans, since they’re doing 20% off at the moment.

Has anyone done this on TZ? Do you need to remove the main ramp to get to any of them?

Is there a guide or ideally a video anywhere showing how to remove the mini playfield? Is it a nightmare as it looks? :(

Lastly, silicone colour - I‘m torn between blue and purple, both would match the game motif I think...

Last edited:
You can do it without removing the playfield. You’ll need to release the side brackets. Cut the old rubber off due to the way the wires are routed.

Then carefully roll the new rubbers down over the plastics and onto the star posts. If the plastics look fragile then you might be better to remove the plastics first but the front two bolts will be tricky to reassemble without removing the playfield.

There are some rubbers underneath the mini PF too. I can’t see how one could access those without removing it?

Did you mean the rubber on the mini PF itself, where the sensors are?

It’s easy, assuming you want it right out of the machine then just make sure you disconnect any connectors under the playfield and push them through the hole before attempting, otherwise it’s a juggling act... unsurprisingly heavy!

Removing the mini pf is actually not that difficult, I did it not long ago to fit the overhead lamp mod. Remove the spring loaded nut that holds it to the main pf on the lower right. Then loosen off the nuts above the lower left and lower right rubbers, to release the metal brackets. Next remove the bolt at the end of the metal wire form that feeds the ball into the mini pf, and the wireform slots out away from the mini pf, but it's a tight fit on mine.

Probably no need to disconnect the cables as this should give you enough space to lift the pf and change the rubbers.

Removing the mini pf is actually not that difficult, I did it not long ago to fit the overhead lamp mod. Remove the spring loaded nut that holds it to the main pf on the lower right. Then loosen off the nuts above the lower left and lower right rubbers, to release the metal brackets. Next remove the bolt at the end of the metal wire form that feeds the ball into the mini pf, and the wireform slots out away from the mini pf, but it's a tight fit on mine.

Probably no need to disconnect the cables as this should give you enough space to lift the pf and change the rubbers.
I'm toying with the idea of changing the bulbs as well, currently it's the only flasher in the game that is incandescent, and I've bought some Comet bulbs too in their Black Friday sale. Is there enough give in the wires to get to the bulbs underneath?

Also thinking about perhaps changing the crappy cardboard bottom thing for a plexiglass or similar sheet, to let the light illuminate below as well. In for a penny etc.

It's a shame the Great Lakes Modular people are MIA because that would be a nice upgrade too..

That's the problem with pins really isn't it.. and TZ in particular.. where do you stop? :)

Yes I'm pretty sure you can turn the mini pf over without removing the cables.

Although removing the cables isn't that difficult either, they all disconnect and slot through just one hole.

Not heard of anyone replacing the card before!

Back
Top Bottom