What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TZ is haunted

The switch column and row pins on J207 and J209 look nasty. Seeing those, and hearing that there were no more switch issues when everything was disconnected... yeah I'm pretty sure your only remaining issue is scatty connectors.

Give them a bit of a scrub with this - and if you're feeling really fancy, cleaning afterwards with IPA - and you'll have no issues for a very long while.

In summary this entire thread so far is a working demonstration on just how miserable connectors can make you, for the want of needing a clean with something that can actually clean oxidisation properly (e.g. that 'pencil) and for the ribbon case - just proper installation.

The switch column and row pins on J207 and J209 look nasty. Seeing those, and hearing that there were no more switch issues when everything was disconnected... yeah I'm pretty sure your only remaining issue is scatty connectors.

Give them a bit of a scrub with this - and if you're feeling really fancy, cleaning afterwards with IPA - and you'll have no issues for a very long while.

In summary this entire thread so far is a working demonstration on just how miserable connectors can make you, for the want of needing a clean with something that can actually clean oxidisation properly (e.g. that 'pencil) and for the ribbon case - just proper installation.
That’s exactly what I used :) Used that exact pen, and followed up with a cotton bud dipped in iso.

I’ll keep an eye on it. For the moment I’m going to cautiously say that I think it’s ok - touch wood :) I have an OCD about the slightest issue, I wouldn’t be able to sleep if I had a credit dot or something lol.

Thanks for your kind help.

Just a thank you to Mr Brookfield for this recommendation of this pen thingy. Bought one a few weeks ago. Had a controlled lamp misbehaving on CSI this week. A quick rub on the holder and led and all sorted. 👍

Back
Top Bottom