What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available Twilight Zone (for Sale or Trade)

Monkeyboypaul

Site Supporter
Alias
Paul G
My Bally Twilight Zone pinball machine is up for sale or trade... a very sad day indeed. This is a truly great game.

...Selling as we need a little bit of space back to get us through the next few months of a new baby arriving, and we've got a slow leak in a flat roof (nowhere near the games) that needs sorting (and I'm paying for it). I figure i can get another one later down the line, because i really like this game and would happily keep it.

The cabinet has been re-decalled so all the colours are bright and vivid. DMD shows no signs of dimming or burn-in. No errors or credit dot. Everything working as it should.

The machine is currently stored upright on its **** while we rearrange pretty much everything in the entire house, so i can't get to it easily at this moment to take detailed photos, but here's an older starter picture taken early this year if you're interested.

TZ.JPG

Playfield is in good condition for a 21yr old game, not mint as the odd insert is showing that little bit of wear around their edges where you see the light coming through, but other wise it's really nice and colourful and i've seen much much worse flogged as 'mint'.

Over and above the standard 'off-the-shelf' game, this machine also has a long list of modifications:
  • Pimped-out Flipper Fidelity Speakers and subwoofer (£150)
  • Lost in the Zone Playfield lantern hood (over £100).
  • Ingo's replacement clock board - no more clock errors (Over £100)
  • Blue Clock housing
  • LEDs in almost all inserts
  • LEDs in nearly all flashers
  • Mixture of LED and incandescent in the general illumination.
  • Pinbits plastic protectors
  • Cliffys installed, except on the Slot machine where it doesn't currently need it, but it's included as i just haven't got round to installing it.
  • Coloured Gumballs in the gumball machine
  • LED lit Gumball top light mod
  • LEDs in the backbox to keep the temperature down and gives a nice cool white look to it.
  • Device installed to prevent system resets mid-game, often found with games of this age - especially this particular title
  • White 'PowerBall' plunger
  • Superbands on all flipper.
  • Running the 9.4H roms
  • Chrome side rails + legs.
  • Off-board battery holder to prevent corrosion of your CPU from leaking batteries.
  • Slot machine mod
  • Robbie Robot mod
  • Piano Mod
  • Re-decalled cabinet, colours are vivid and bright.
  • I've placed a bit of removable Mylar over a couple of the door inserts to stop the ball damaging them.

I paid £3k for it (probably a bit high now i know more about this hobby/addiction) and then did most of the above work on top. So to take less than £3k would be painful, but that's what i'm doing @ £2950.

I'd like to be able to buy a different game in the near future, and already have the Mrs's blessing once we're through the next few months, so selling this would go towards that. I also have a very nice TAF that i could be persuaded to included for a nice Tron LE or STLE, just for example (a 2-for-1 trade, i get more space and a new game)!

See my signature for others i'd interested in.

Will advertise on this site to give forum members first dibs, with £50 going as a donation if it sells for a fair price, but I will be putting on eBay shortly afterwards if no takers - and once i have more photos.

Viewings welcome - 10miles south of York.

good luck with the trade paul it does look nice good choice in pins you want I have both bit are going nowhere

Cheers Chris. Working away right now so frustrating as not got time to get the game out for more photos, also it's flippin' heavy! Thinking i might just sling TAF up too as i've got a good set of photos for it, but it's just too nice to sell!

Can you keep Tron warm for me please? One day it will be mine. Oh yes.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7jJnwEeiU0

Hi Paul,
like the TZ what would you want for the TZ and Taf together might be worth my while coming up north to collect them , also if you want to post pics of the Taf that would be good,

cheers Andy

Hi Paul,
like the TZ what would you want for the TZ and Taf together might be worth my while coming up north to collect them , also if you want to post pics of the Taf that would be good,

cheers Andy

Hello,

TAF would not be cheap i'm afraid - as i said above it's really too nice to sell! And by 'not cheap' i mean over £6.5k for the pair. Probably not worth the trip unless you're minted!

...Not selling this TZ very well am i...

for what it's worth I've attached some TAF photos & need to think really hard about what i'm doing here...

Attachments

• DSC_3340.JPG
    DSC_3340.JPG
    201.9 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC_3301.JPG
    DSC_3301.JPG
    172.3 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC_3304.JPG
    DSC_3304.JPG
    180 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC_3327.JPG
    DSC_3327.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC_3329.JPG
    DSC_3329.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC_3330.JPG
    DSC_3330.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC_3331.JPG
    DSC_3331.JPG
    156.6 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC_3332.JPG
    DSC_3332.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC_3333.JPG
    DSC_3333.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC_3334.JPG
    DSC_3334.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC_3337.JPG
    DSC_3337.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC_3343.JPG
    DSC_3343.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC_3344.JPG
    DSC_3344.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC_3362.JPG
    DSC_3362.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC_3372.JPG
    DSC_3372.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 49
wow that's a nice original taf paul you don't see many like that 6.5k I would say is a more than fair price for in my books two of the best dmd pins made
on the up side you could buy a tron le or st le for that

Hi Paul,
Taf looks great, i was looking at 6k the pair so we are not too far apart, i have familiy in n yorks so could do a stop over, i realise you were probably not looking at selling Taf but still my be interested in TZ on its own, have a think i was originally looking at an acdc but think it my get a little tiresome over time, but everyone seems to highly rate TAF and TZ, i have a sttng and a BW at presant but thought i would treat myself ,
you seam to have 2 good condition machines there so no pressure

Latest: due to various pressures at play here; last Thursday I moved TAF, TS and TZ down to Birmingham for a few months. TZ and TS are packed upright, while TAF is set-up for people to enjoy at work while i get the flat roof fixed, the house re-carpeted, ensuite built, wife's office space sorted and new baby safely home.

Back
Top Bottom