What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TWD well walker issues

Lickashot

Site Supporter
Complete novice so please bare with me. The well walker bash toy keeps intermittently registering as it has been hit when it hasn't? Sometimes even registers as a hit just from the ball launch, any ideas thanks?

I'll just get someone out to look at it, I don't want to get under the playfield too scary for me. Thanks anyway.

That really isn’t something worth paying for someone to visit and fix. Find out how it’s triggered (ie: a switch or an optic) then see what adjustments can be made. Sounds like it’s triggering due to vibration so possibly a leaf switch that just needs opening up slightly, it’s really worth getting your hands dirty a little a bit or it’s the wrong hobby for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes on google and I think it’s something like this that triggers the well walker

83874d1b23a57845f7b970719e20e215.jpg

Look on YouTube on how to remove glass & raise playfield, take your time and see if there’s any adjustment to make switch less sensitive (usually two tiny screws that’s you loosen to allow movement)

It's probably bent slightly as the metalwork is not great and how they had mounted it.
Just bend it slightly.
The crossbow switches also suffer due to bad switch placement.

It's probably bent slightly as the metalwork is not great and how they had mounted it.
Just bend it slightly.
The crossbow switches also suffer due to bad switch placement.

Any tips for him on raising a Stern playfield? I’ve not got one myself but recently read about the possibility of playfield dropping into cabinet if you pull it too far forward

It's the same as a WPC so just pull the lever to the left at the coindoor and lift the bar off.

Is this the video of you smashing your glass [emoji23]

I should also say that if you have Premium or LE you won’t have those cheapo latches, there’ll be a handle to pull down above the coin door to release the lockbar.

Yes, well the switch seemed ok but I just pressed it down a few times and made sure it was in good shape. Seems to have done the trick, lifting the playfield wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Now the labour, parts and time with that I reckon I owe Paul £50 lol 🤑🤑🤑

Good stuff! While you’re feeling brave take a look at the plastics behind the Well Walker on top of the playfield. Most of them shipped from the factory fitted incorrectly. The top one should be narrower than the one underneath to allow the Well Walker to fully rotate backwards. Switch them around if not.

Back
Top Bottom