What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TWD SDTM Fix (from pop bumpers)

MartinY

Registered
All

Apologies if this has been covered before but just in case it helps someone. I've been frustrated with the significant number of SDTM from the railway (pops) on TWD. I've tweaked the angle of the machine, but leaning left or right didn't seem a good thing to me. I reckon it is between 1 in 2 to 1 in 3 balls out of the pops go SDTM on mine.

Anyway, I did this fix today and it has made a MASSIVE improvement for me. Only had to remove the 2 base screws from the ramp and added a standard sling black band. I'm loving the machine now...

TWD Band.jpg

Here's the original post on pinside for anyway who wants it.

Martin

I do find it sort of rolls down that right hand side a bit, on mine the post has a thicker rubber I think and it sort of "bounces" over.

Lucky for me mine does not go SDTM much at all. You could be playing for a while before one coming out of the pops goes SDTM.
When i first got the game it did do it a good bit. I had to adjust the legs a number of times before i got it right... also angle of playfield

I did consider this as I had it opened up to try to figure out why the plunges weren't making it up past the pops onto the rollovers.

Thankfully it doesn't happen that often (unlike the one I played on Bournemouth pier, which did it all the time).

Josh and I have mostly learnt to recognise the feed which does this now - seems to relate to the ball not hitting the right hand side of the exit at the top where there's rubber, but bouncing past that and hitting lower down on the metal guide (where you now have the rubber). Solution is to give the machine a good whack as it makes contact ;)

Yes I would agree - I am sure when I first got it, it needed a bit of tweaking on the levelling side, but once dialled in, no issues. I get it maybe 1 in 100 feeds and I now put it down to player error on the nudge, I think I have a slight right bias of something silly of .1 a degree or something, might be making that up, it doesn't affect ball return when ball rolls up an engaged flipper.

Played TWD last night for maybe an hour, and it did feed from the pops good over all for the hour. Once or twice it did drain but i should be ready for that & try to save it but im just to slow.

Back
Top Bottom