What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turtles Thread

Also just to note I’ve had my turtles for over 2 years so had plenty of practice, I think the left ramp especially took some time for me to learn.

I also think very small build differences can make it easier or harder on some machines.

Might just need more time to find the shots, I know the left ramp on Elvira is backhandable but I’ve put 100ish games on mine now and can’t do it consistently, it’s easier for me to shoot the right ramp to cue up the left on the right flipper

Lowered the pitch, the right hand side is now achievable from cradle. However, flippers still need full power so everything feels more bouncy and erratic. Left hand side backhand angle just seems too shallow(?) to achieve the correct angle so far down the flipper shaft, there's just no 'oomph' to even get the ball halfway up the ramp.

I'm gonna have to watch some streamers playing this to watch the correct path the ball is travelling, when this is achieved from the left.

After watching a few streams, adjusted the flippers upwards a few mm so the bottom of the flipper bat (inner without rubber) is approx aligned with the indentation.
The angle is there now to make the left thankfully, and other targets don't feel off.
However, the power having to be kranked to the max and with the lower playfield pitch it still feels like something else isn't quite right yet.

My last word on the matter, as everyone has already been super helpful. Thank you.

Couldn't do the Boots advantage card trick under the flipper, so increased this gap a smidge so the card fit. Also straightened the EOS switches as they seemed to be pulling forwards and possibly meeting the pawl(?) earlier than necessary. I understand the EOS switch doesn't function the same on modern Stern's as it did on older games, but the small bit of resistance it physically provides could impact the momentum maybe. So these are in a neutral positon now, and the switch test of the EOS all seem correct so I haven't gone too far.

Back
Top Bottom