What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tumbler ?

• Thread starter robertlucas1970
  • Start date
R

robertlucas1970

Time to get one of these as they sound like a great bit of kit, can only find them in the US and China, anywhere in the UK has these or do we just import them ?
Any links would be great.

Many Thanks

Robert

Great stuff will order the ebay one to save waiting, and what about media ?

Many Thanks

What's better a tumbler or a sonic cleaner, can they be used to clean the same parts or do they do different jobs?

What's better a tumbler or a sonic cleaner, can they be used to clean the same parts or do they do different jobs?

They do different jobs IMO. I bought a sonic cleaner expecting awesome things and was completely underwhelmed although I still use both tools when restoring games. For me, the tumbler is for any metal parts that will fit in it inc all screws, nuts, bolts etc and the sonic cleaner is for cleaning all of the small plastic parts (things like star posts). I went through a phase of using the sonic cleaner on the screws before tumbling as I'd read it meant you got better results from the tumbler but I couldn't see much difference and it added another level of ball ache to the process so I sacked it off :)

Buy design, a tumbler isn't a cleaner...it's for polishing but it will clean the stuff you put in there anyway. If you've got metal parts that are really gunked up then you're always best off cleaning them before tumbling as it will mess up your media really quickly :thumbs:

Thanks for the feedback, so it's tumbler first then sonic cleaner on the tool wishlist.

Thanks for the feedback, so it's tumbler first then sonic cleaner on the tool wishlist.

They're are plenty of other tools I'd buy before a sonic cleaner, they're ok but don't pay a lot as you won't be amazed by it :thumbs:

Nahh - Sorry :)

Just looking at the upgrade kits - Wonder if i can stick a 2500 Auto-flow head on a 1200 base....... hmmm....

Make sure you leave your stuff in it long enough. A lot of people make the mistake of thinking it will only take a couple hours. To get the best results it needs to be atleast 2 days. I like to do 2 days in walnut and 1 day in corn cob and polish for a final polish

I use fritz tumbler additive think it's called good stuff but not easy to find in the uk so I'll be using autosol when I've run out

Instead of buying a tumbler, why not get a cardboard box, fill it with polishing media, chuck your metal parts in and send it by parcelforce to yourself.

When you get it in a couple of days time, if the box held out long enough, all your parts should arrive shiny and looking new ;)

Instead of buying a tumbler, why not get a cardboard box, fill it with polishing media, chuck your metal parts in and send it by parcelforce to yourself.

When you get it in a couple of days time, if the box held out long enough, all your parts should arrive shiny and looking new ;)
Nice idea but I think it'll work out cheaper buying a tumbler than paying Parcelforce!

I have one that I never used if of interest?

Back
Top Bottom