What's new

Wanted Tumbler for my balls

Fubar

Site Supporter
Alias
Thomas
I've got a stack of balls which are lightly scratched but still have some life in them. Looking for a tumbler which can make them nice and shiny again, something which can fit maybe 10-20 balls in it?

Got an old one you're not using anymore? Give me a shout :) TIA

I was hoping to find a cheaper second hand one...

It's about reducing my steel consumption more than saving pennies.

I sold my used once tumbler not that long ago on here for about £70 I think so even 2nd hand they not cheap and the medium is around £12 a bag.
I tumbled a load of screws and bolts during a refurb and even though it was in the garage you could hear the bloody thing ratting away for 24hrs and the missus wasn’t too chuffed as the garage is below our bedroom 🤪

I sold my used once tumbler not that long ago on here for about £70 I think so even 2nd hand they not cheap and the medium is around £12 a bag.
I tumbled a load of screws and bolts during a refurb and even though it was in the garage you could hear the bloody thing ratting away for 24hrs and the missus wasn’t too chuffed as the garage is below our bedroom 🤪
Dang I missed it! Not bothered about noise, I can put it in the extension where we won't hear it.

i just bought one for my boy - £150 plus £50 media and jems. I checked loads of reviews, kids versions. Hobbiest brands, youtube reviews etc and each time people just said buy Lortone

Scrap is around £160 a tonne atm so you will prob get a better return there if you have alot ?

I have pondered on making a resin table top with them but it would be pretty heavy me thinks

There is some coherent truth in that i think 😂

Do keep an eye on ebay. I got mine from there and it had never been used.

I got mine from there and it had never been used.
This is telling ;)

I had one and sold it after using it once maybe. They need to be left running for days to do their job even half properly, make a right racket, there's ongoing cost with consumables, if you use them on small parts, all the medium gets clogged in any gaps (e.g. screw heads), and the final cleaned result from them isn't even that good. I reached the conclusion they were a waste of time and money.

i hear you but he’s very happy. I’ve put it in the workshop at the end of the garden where my wood lathe is. I do agree that it does take along time to get results though

Reactions: JT.
I have pondered on making a resin table top with them but it would be pretty heavy me thinks

I made one for my bar too in the games room, yep they’re fairly heavy.

I love it!

IMG_3921.jpeg
IMG_3922.jpeg
IMG_3929.jpeg
IMG_3931.jpeg
IMG_3971.jpeg
44EF6B97-59C4-4F05-BD4F-A6F1226DF350.jpeg
IMG_3973.jpeg
IMG_3980.jpeg
IMG_3979.jpeg
IMG_3989.jpeg

Chris.